The benefit of the company in giving bonus to employees

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I was working in a bank the term bonus makes me excited. We had a bonus for December which was 2 months of our salary. We also have a midyear bonus given every May or June which is 1 month of our salary. I remember that when the bonus month is nearing my colleagues would start to make a list of what to buy.

Giving bonus to the employees is a big expense on the company. But it has a lot of benefits aside from the loyalty. Employees have in the back of their mind the required efficiency in their job. If they fail then the company’s earnings may be affected that eventually the bonus may be affected as well. I remember the Christmas message of our bank president that a happy employee is the best employee in the company and the bonus definitely makes the employees happy. Even small companies here give a bonus to their employees maybe to make them happy during the holiday season.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Any company that has the ability to do this should try as much as possible to do it because it is very important as this will give a lot of employees an extra sum of money to take care of their extra need,this will actually make a lot of people to focus and work harder because they know that something will be given to them at the end of every five months or year, if I may ask is this still happening in the company you were working for ?