The Essence Of Motivating A Skilled Employee

Kendy

Verified member
It is an undisputed fact that motivation is a necessary drive to fostering the growth of any human or organization. There are a lot of organizations that fails to motivate their employees yet they expect productivity. Employees should be seen as a necessary asset and not as tools. They should be seen first as humans and not machines or devices without an atom of emotions. There are many ways in which staff could be motivated. There is not possible for all employees or workers to work in the same degree in productivity. There is always that particular staff who is hardworking amongst the rest and it is expected for the employer to compensate the staff adequately to boost the staff morale and to also motivate other workers to fasten their seat belts in order to get better results.

There are many ways to motivate a skilled employee because he or she is an asset and should not be taken for granted. Fringe benefits like; fully paid vacations, transportation allowances, recognition and award presentation and many more. Some employers lack the foresight to accept that motivation is a natural booster to productivity and no human would work relentlessly for a longer time when there is no trigger.

Rachael

Verified member
The importance of motivation cannot be swept under the carpet and those who tried to sweep it under the carpet faced so many negative repercussions. It is the right of every employee to have a sense of self-worth and value and if this is not felt, then I do not think such employee can grow positively and contribute to the organization involved. In my geographical setting and most especially in private establishments, some employers find it very difficult to compensate their staff, even the basic salary is a problem for them to pay. They prefer to see the workers murmuring as they work and would expect to see you being productive without any source of motivation.

I recall once when I decided to get a teaching job and in a space of seven weeks and more, I did not receive a dime as salary and I had to ask the owner of the school what was going on as no one ever gave me a book to fill my account details but everyday, they would demand for my lesson notes and put me under pressure, where I have to work from 7am to 4pm in the evening. The daughter of the principal just jumped into the discussion and said that because I demanded for my salary, I was not motivated by the work but only because of money and I asked her if she truly know what motivation means. Why does she collect school fees from the students, why does she not run a charity school? Yet she enjoys owing teachers and you expect the teacher to function effectively?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Your submission is apt, a skilled worker that is not getting his or her work right needs some motivation. It might not just be about the work, some people go through a lot in their life that affects their performances at work so what they need might be a little talk to point them in the direct direction so instead of picking on them motivating them to do more can help.

in other cases you might use incentives like promotion, increase wage pay or giving an authority position can help. All of these will be to bring out the best in the person. So when you do this, you would might not only be motivating the workerb it might motivate others too. People would also want to get to the top so they would also sit up so that they would be noticed and be given the same incentive as well.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
I totally agree with you that employee motivation is very paramount for every organization. When you motivate an employee, they tend to be more skilled and do their best job every time. Which requires you to know some ways of motivating employees. They include;

1. Appreciating their efforts through rewards. I have seen that most companies usually give rewards monthly by naming an employee of the month and giving them a present. This remains a very good way of motivating employees.
2. Knowing each and everyone's skill so as to decide labour according to abilities. This makes the employees feel appreciated and given a chance to give their best effort.
3. Organizing parties and team building activities regularly. This promotes the spirit of working together and having fun in the workplace. Which gives great motivation to most workers.
4. Carrying out promotions within the company rather than hiring new employees for high rank positions. This motivates the workers to work hard in order to get promoted.

These and many other ways of enhancing motivation are really great for employees. It makes them to become more loyal to the company hence they give their best job in what they do. Moreover, it makes them more productive as they want all the best for the company.

E

eldavis

Everyone needs motivation, be it skilled on unskilled worker or even the experienced and inexperienced workers. Motivation is like a fuel that pushes every one to work harder and also put in their very best.