These Could Be The Reasons Why You’re Not Losing Weight

Yusra3

VIP Contributor
Are you trying to drop a lot of weight and failing? You may be making one of the common mistakes that sabotage your ability to burn fat.

1. You Don’t Eat Enough Protein

Healthy proteins keep you full for longer, boost your metabolism, and help maintain muscle mass. Make sure you eat enough protein in every meal. This can be a good idea if you are working out as it helps with muscle growth and recovery. A high protein diet has been shown to reduce dangerous belly fat and increase lean muscle mass.

2. You’re Eating Too Much Sugar

Eating too much sugar can derail any weight loss efforts by contributing to insulin resistance, increasing hunger levels and causing inflammation in the body. If you want to lose weight, it is important to cut back on sugary foods so your body is not flooded with glucose, but rather burns existing fat stores for energy.

3. Lack Of Sleep

Not getting enough sleep will affect your hunger hormones, increase cravings and can lead to overeating and weight gain. Studies have shown that people who get less than 6 hours of sleep per night tend to weigh more than those who get 7-8 hours of sleep each night.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I agree with lack of sleep. Whenever I would work overtime that I would have only 5 to 6 hours of sleep the tendency is for my weight to increase. The doctor said it is because I was snacking from time to time. That was a surprise because I did not notice my snacking but I have to agree with that. However, there were times that I didn't eat anything while working until midnight. I would wake up by 5 am to continue my work (I was in the office that time) and then I would eat breakfast by 7 am. When I go home my weight would increase by 1 pound at least.

My take on gaining weight is the amount of intake whether it is food or drinks. I can see the youngsters in the fast food outlet. They would order a double burger and a large cup of soda. That is the most popular way of gaining weight.