Tips on how to live peacefully with your landlord

Heartstrings

We all know there are some situations where you had regret living with someone,or trying hard to get your own personal house,either by building or buying.

How you live with someone will determine how patient and friendly you are,and of course with no pretence. There are situations where some agents, landlords/landlady's makes life a living hell for someone,where you will wish you have your own place.

If you want to live peacefully with your landlord who's in the same building with you.
Follow the rules of the house
Make sure you try your best every where is clean,cos the way you clean and tidy someone house determine how well you will take care of your own house.
Never disrespect him/her especially if it's an elderly person.
Be tolerance,but yet don't take nonsense or sell off your dignity.

Reason why I decided to bring this here is,some people are so arrogant and claims I pay my house rent,but they forgot it's also his house and has the right to throw you out anytime.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
You have just pointed out one of the most important reason that could likely be the cause of problems between a tenant and a landlord. There was a time we were leaving at a particular locations and we were not the real owner of the property but we try all our possible means to tidy up and keep the surrounding clean whereas other tenants who were still living very close to us care less about all these things.

Inasmuch as this is not our problem but it is not really nice for you to keep someone's environment dirty just because you are paying to stay. .

Sometimes some tenant could be so funny that they don't even care about contributing for electricity, water, and other amenities but they are very much willing to use it after other people have paid for it. These are some of the things I personally do not understand.

Shigobad2020

I have learnt a lot form my parent since when they are tenant and when they built their own house , there are some landlord whom are always wicked and stubborn no matter how you try to satisfy them , they believe you are nobody so your opinion doesn't count ,
First as a tenant, always see yourself as someone the imaginary owner of the house and always do what you think you can do to your own house to the house . First they said cleanisess is next to Godliness , so you need to maintain an good and clean environment always , clean the houses and the surroundings on time , not until they force you tomp do so.
Make sure you are paying your charges and dues in time , for examples your electricity charges , water expenses and the night guard charges and learn to be accomodate other people around you .