Tomato Processing Business

Maks25

Tomato is one of the most important food crops in Nigeria. It grows in almost every state of the country. Tomato is a rich source of vitamins A, C, potassium, minerals, and fibers. Tomatoes are used in the preparation of soup, salad, pickles, ketchup, puree, sauces and also consumed as a vegetable in many other ways. As the raw material is available throughout the country, a small scale tomato processing unit is a profitable venture in Nigeria.

Large scale tomato processing includes various operations like producing tomato juice, ketchup, puree etc. Apart from that, you can start with a singular product as home-based manufacturing unit. It doesn’t require a lot of space. The production process is simple.

Mrs.Rizwan

Tomato is one of the most important food crops in Nigeria. It grows in almost every state of the country. Tomato is a rich source of vitamins A, C, potassium, minerals, and fibers. Tomatoes are used in the preparation of soup, salad, pickles, ketchup, puree, sauces and also consumed as a vegetable in many other ways. As the raw material is available throughout the country, a small scale tomato processing unit is a profitable venture in Nigeria.

Large scale tomato processing includes various operations like producing tomato juice, ketchup, puree etc. Apart from that, you can start with a singular product as home-based manufacturing unit. It doesn’t require a lot of space. The production process is simple.
I understand that tomatoes are the king of vegetables and foods. Because when there is no tomato in the food, there is no taste and the color of the food is good, and it is not only in your country Nigeria but also anywhere in the world, the tomato is considered to be an important component of the diet. Because I live in Pakistan, I would like to tell you about yha that tomatoes are very important here. And I think it should be cultivated on a large scale in every country Because sometimes this vegetable becomes almost extinct and people have to face a lot of difficulty and if there is a vegetable, it is worth the price that a normal person can not buy it. I have made a small garden in my house which has cultivated different vegetables and tomatoes and all should do so so that the future is easy.

IamDozzy

Tomato is one of the best vegetable one can ever think of. In order to get an excellent processed tomato, the pre processed tomato has to be stored in the right condition in order to avoid rottenness of the tomato. The tomato should be stored in cool dry atmosphere free from moisture and pests that might reduce the viability not the tomato. Developing countries with large land mass should take advantage of their lands with fertile soils and plant large amount of tomatoes that would be processed and exported for economic gains.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I saw a tomato processing business in a home in one rural area that we went for a short vacation. They were using wooden barrels for the storing that later on they will pack the tomato puree into plastic containers. The owner said the business is good except when the price of tomato goes up during the rainy season. That is why when there is a bumper harvest they buy a lot of tomatoes and they process it 24 hours so they can handle the workload. It is profitable although it depends on the market price of tomatoes.

Olajidey

Tomato processing business is good. Due to the weather here we have a rainy season and also the dry season during this dry season there is no much tomatoes in the market so people result in buying package paste tomato, and also during the rainy season in which there is a lot of tomatoes instead of selling it at a cheaper rate and due to influx of tomatoes in the market some of this tomatoes waste, it can be processed into a paste to avoid wastage of the fruit.

sincerem

VIP Contributor

Nice explanation of the tomato processing business. That is a lot of dividends attached to tomatoes than we think, tomato might be rich in vitamins, fibers, potassium and other minerals etc. It is very rich in the body development of good health and repairs the incretion of metabolics that penetrates the heart. I enjoy consuming tomatoes cos it is very vital improving my health and enabling my body feel good all the time. I enjoy it raw sometimes without eating with stew.

D

Deleted member 27583

I would really like to know more about the planting of tomatoes,because in here at the island, it is very costly that when I go buying at the market the money I spent most on buying it is very annoying ..

Although we don't have choice here,because no space or place to farm here,everywhere is full of houses over here at the island..

So if I could get some knowledge about the way they plant it now,I think when I go down to my home town I could arrange a place to start planting and once is time to havest it I go back home to be able to sell back over here...

D

Deleted member 28873

The Tomato processing Business Tomato is one of the most important food crops in India.
It grows in almost every state of the country. Some of the major producing states are Bihar, Karnataka, Uttar Pradesh, Orissa, Andhra Pradesh, Maharashtra, Madhya Pradesh, and West Bengal.
Tomato is a rich source of vitamins A, C, potassium, minerals, and fibers. Tomatoes are used in the preparation of soup, salad, pickles, ketchup, puree, sauces, and also consumed as a vegetable in many other ways. As the raw material is available throughout the country, a small scale tomato processing unit is a profitable venture in India.
Large scale tomato processing includes various operations like producing tomato juice, ketchup, puree, etc.
Apart from that, you can start with a singular product as a home-based manufacturing unit. It doesn’t require a lot of space.
The production process is simple.

Nite

Valued Contributor
tomatoes-1448267_1280.jpg

Tomato processing can be a profitable business, if started with proper presentation and planning. With the demand for tomato sauce getting huge, as people use it along with snacks, and for colouring and seasoning in restaurants, it is expected to rise more in the coming times. Homemade tomato sauces, without the use of preservatives are gaining huge popularity as they are greater in quality and taste.

The required capital to launch tomato processing business is a little high as there are machineries that are expensive. But if you have a well crafted plan, the business can lead profits as the demand for tomatoes are pretty high in the market.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The best way to make more gain form this business is to look for manufacturing companies who need tomato or government interventions. This is because tomato is very perishable. Though, it is of high demand but it should not be produced in large quantities except there is market or storage for it.