What Are Some Advantages Of Being Involved In Financial Career?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Business studies is one of the most popular kind of career and field a person might want to choose. The career and field of business and commerce is so vast that many people often pursue different kinds of career in this field alone! For example, some people would like to become marketing experts, some people would want to become better traders and pursue a career as a trader. similarly, one of the biggest and certain the most important branches of business is finance. Being a financier is one of the biggest responsibilities.

This is because most of the time, many financiers are those people who tend to manage the overall funds of the company and they are the ones who are responsible for running the funding channel of the company in the best way. Become an expert in finance is not that easy. many people first pursue a bachelor's degree and they then try to gain the Master's in Business Administration (Finance) from University. Some people even claim that pursuing a degree in finance is much better than other business field. So, what are some advantages of being in the field of finance? What unique things does it offer that are not offered by other fields?

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Financial analyst is a financial career, one among many, you'll be responsible for investigating the financial health of companies and setting financial strategies for your company. You'll also keep track of company finances and make sure that the company is bringing in enough money to stay profitable.

According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), the average salary for a financial analyst in 2017 was $89,880 per year. As with many other careers, experience & education correspond with higher salaries. The BLS reports that professionals with an associate's degree or better will earn a median annual salary of $73,680, while those with a bachelor's degree will earn approximately $103,630 per year.

This career will earn you huge salary than you can imagine.
In order to become a financial analyst, you'll need to have an appropriate education and training. Specifically, you'll need an associate's degree or higher in accounting or finance. And although a bachelor's degree isn't required to work as a financial analyst, the BLS reports that only 9 percent of these professionals have only a high school diploma.**

To become certified as a Certified Financial Analyst (CFA), you'll need to pass three exams covering topics such as economics, corporate finance, business law, and portfolio management.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I took a course in commerce with management as my major. At first, I planned to be a CPA (certified public accountant) but things changed when I started to enjoy management subjects. Our professor in accounting subject was saddened when I did not pursue accounting for my major. Anyway, I was lucky to be hired as a programmer trainee in a bank after finishing a short course of programming in IBM Philippines. I spent 10 years in the bank as a programmer and systems programmer before I was hired by a British company. I'd say working in a bank is the best job because of the 5 workdays in a week. The bonuses are also standard for the midyear and end of the year. The benefits are also good although only the managers have the privilege of the car plan. Overall, I would give banks a 9 rating because of their working standards. When the pandemic started the banks are the first ones to institute the work from home mode in order to protect their employees against the covid virus. Until now banks are working in rotation for the on-site jobs and more than 50% are still working from home. That is incomparable with other offices.