Business Ideas What Are Some Tips To Start A Rent A Car Business?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Many people choose different kinds of businesses in order to get benefited from their investments. One of the greatest business is that of car. There are many people who sell and buy cars. There are many people who earn money by placing advertisements on cars. There are many people who use cars in transportation services such as Uber and make money. In fact, there are many people who tend to work as taxi drivers and Uber drivers to make a living in many countries. However, one of the most important aspects of car business is renting it out or giving cars for rent. Rent a car business is quite popular in my country.

However, it is not a very straightforward business and involves a lots of difficulties. In order to start such kind of business, you may need to buy a lots of cars or a few cars. Majority of the rent a car businesses purchase used cars for this business and the condition of those cars is not so good. I think that rent a car businesses in Tier 1 countries offer great cars to customers but this is not the case in my country. So, what are some useful tips to start a rent a car business? Do you need a license to start such sort of business?

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
My cousin bought a van for her brother to drive. The system is a rental with a driver which is the most common mode of car rental here. My cousin said that her business is self-liquidating because she paid for the down payment and the installments for the van is paid by the income of the rental. It looked good to me but I know that vehicles have their natural problems like a breakdown due to faulty parts. Anyway, the rental business went okay for the 1st year but on the 2nd year the mechanical problems had started to hound them. To make the story short, my cousin sold the van and advised her brother to just drive the van of the neighbor so he would have a job. A business involving vehicles is only good if you have many units. But for just 1 or 2 or even 3 units that business will only give you stress.

D

Deleted member 13140

Am far more keen on the fact that people place ads on cars.

So I've always seen this posters on cars but I never actually thought this was some kind of advertising not until now though I mean when I started learning about the online would and advertising it became clear to me that as am seeing this ad am not a potential buyer of whatever product is there but there is a potential buyer out there and that's why the ad is there.

I think renting a car to someone is very popular, we're probably from the same country am sure, my dad has someone that drives a pick up truck for him and pays him commissions or something after some weeks and it's really a huge sum and that's why I know this is a smart business.

Suba

Staff member
Of course you need a license if your number of cars is more than 10 cars to be rented, and you also put up a sign or billboard, "Car Rental", usually these rented cars are on display, very attractively from family cars to luxury cars. . But in my country you don't need a license if you only have 5 cars, and you don't have billboards either. Usually car renters are only for people they know because often cars are not insured. To start a car rental business, you can start with only two cars, and you should choose a family car, which contains more than 4 people.