What Is Day Trading?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Day trading as the very name implies, it means trading in a day, which simply translates to opening and closing positions at the end of the day, you will open a lot oof positions in the course of a day and close them before the day runs out, this is a typical example of day trading, most retail traders are day traders and due to the nature of having small capital, it is not ideal to leave a trade to run through the day the way swing traders normally do.

In day trading you are mostly going to be taking opportunities from the lower tome frames that the one hour time frame and below, because of this most of the opportunities that will be available are going to be scalping, like you will enter the market for say 10 to 15 minutes and then exit, this is very ideal in day trading.

In day trading you do not dwell on losses because you will be making a lot of trades and there most be losses, so just try to make your losses small enough and focus on winning more than losing this will help in making your returns positive and having more winners than losses.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Day trading as I understand is the act of you trading and taking profit within a short period of time and is always on daily basis based on your daily analysis and is mostly likely to happen between 15 minutes to 4 hours time frame in most cases. People who are interested to trade for weeks will be using one day timeframe which to me may not be applicable because I may not have the patience to wait all that. There are so many strategies that can be used to make money in the forex market , it all depends on what you are willing to use for your own and what suits your personality.

The most important thing is just the ability for you to analyse the market perfectly in a way that you enter the market at the right time and also exit at the right time .