Shares/Stock What would you need to quit your job and become a professional investor?

greenieS

Verified member
I think this is a good question that most people are thinking about: what to do to invest to make money fast and be my own boss, to have my own employees.

In your opinion, what exactly does a certain person need to know / hold in order to be able to resign from his job and start investing? Do you think that he needs some knowledge from school or simply to study on the internet and to be passionate about that field?

What do you need to become a good investor in everything and not have to wake up in the morning to go to work to work for someone else.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In my book, a professional investor, whether in stocks, forex or real estate, should have a huge capital. You have to remember that you need a livelihood that will cover your daily expenses not only for yourself but also for your home. If your capital is small then you are bound to lose in the long run. A professional investor with millions in his pocket can go a long way. Maybe 20% of his capital can be set aside for the 1 year expenses of his home budget. The 60% can all be invested and the remaining 20% of the wealth will be for emergency purposes.

Investing in real estate takes a long time to earn a good profit aside from the difficulty of selling when you need cash. Investing in stocks is much better because you can convert the stocks to cash by selling it and receive the money within the week. I am afraid that becoming a professional investor is only for the wealthy people who can live without a job. But if your job is your bread and butter then banish the thought about becoming a professional investor.

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
Leaving a place of work to start off on one's own is not an easy decision indeed it requires some sought of plans and consultations. Although I know we all want to be our own boss at one time or another but the truth is, it is not meant for everyone, not everyone can hold up that position of managing a business on their own. As it requires some level of training and discipline. So as for me i am always of the believe that what ever is worth doing should be worth doing well. So if I will have to leave my current job and invest on something online , of course the one I can see clearly for now is crypto currencies. I see people complain when the market is falling and imhewr them complain of loses but this will not be my style because I will make profit on both side of the market. whether the market is falling or rising I will always make profit. But what I will definitely need in abundance is money. Then I will trade purely on futures and margain and make very good profit on a daily basis. As I will apply one of the best risk management method.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Knowledge from school, doesn't determine success. What brings success to an individual is simply different to what we are taught in school. School is primary, we learn secondary ways of making money by practicing it on our own, seeking advice and learning also from the experienced people. Their is no lecturer that will teach you how to make money online or offline and showing everything on how to make it. In order to make the money, we simply have to push ourselves hard. If those who went to university went to learn how to make money, then it could've been that, all are making the money currently.

Money making can be achieved through smartness and water to continue improving even if failures come through at some stage in our learning career. We simply have to force through, learn it and start practicing it gradually. That's why we see the rich, spend money in a luxury way for themselves and make it very relatively scarce, due to the fact, they suffered before making the money. In order for us to make the money we should also hustle tight to make the money and invest widely to reap dividends in the future.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Quitting whatever I am doing now to start up my investment could be one of the best thing in a person's life but especially to me and other people that are really interested to invest and have a financial freedom but it is not really easy for people to start up an investment just like that because an investment is a type of business that requires large amount of money and for people to get such amount of money the person must really work hard in one way or the other legitimately .

For a person to confidently quit his or her monthly job to focus on investment that means the person really have the required money needed to start up investment effectively and a situation in which there is no money obviously you can't just quit your paying job because you won't really have anything to sustained you during this period of time .

Sometimes this will also require a lot of plants because it is not something we just have to stand up suddenly but this will require a lot of plans and good advice from experienced people when you have the required money to start our investing journey .