Which do you prefer between monthly and weekly payments?

Etini

Valued Contributor
Most organizations prefer to pay their staff monthly. However, there are organizations that pay their staff weekly, and some that pay every fortnight. As an employee, would you prefer the monthly pay or the weekly pay? The two have their pros and cons. If you are being paid monthly, it could lead to a long waiting period for payment, and sometimes before payday, you might incur debts arising from the need for cash. These would not have possibly happened if you were paid weekly. However, the advantage of monthly payments is that you get bulky money all at once and you can use it to do something for yourself.
Weekly payments on the other hand make you to have a constant flow of cash. You can meet urgent financial needs without having to borrow. The downside is weekly pay is that your pay comes in piecemeal which you can easily spend off. Which one do you prefer? Weekly payment or monthly payment?

E

eldavis

You are right though, both method of payment have their advantages and disadvantages. On the other hand receiving monthly payment would definitely help you save. My date of payment where i am currently working is actually on the 14th of each month, though truth be told its pretty difficult when i have to wait till on the 14th of the next month before getting paid the previous month but it also helps me save. I think my choice would be based on the pay. If what i get paid weekly is high then i would gladly choose weekly so i can save from it.

Heartstrings

The both has an advantage and disadvantage to it and if I am to choose,I will gladly choose monthly pay,with what I have seen so far, monthly pay is far better than weekly,I mean in the aspect of weekly pays are not usually much,it's what you can spend quickly but then it makes you wait for another in a week time. In my opinion it doesn't actually give room for much Savings.

Monthly pay comes in bulk and much,if you are someone who knows how to make a budget and stick to it,or you have no much expenses and bills to pay,it will help you save much and know how to plan your budgets and other essential things. I don't know why some people have so much debt though,and end up using their pay to settle it,yet so much bills are piling up to be sort out. This is why it is good to make a budget and stick to it. So to me, I will rather go for monthly pay to weekly pay.