Which type of passive income should we choose?

Naz

Passive income will have a positive impact on our lives in the future. This type of income is the best way to create financial freedom.

Passive income ideas are plentiful and come in different forms; such as dividends, investing, rental property and monetizing your hobbies.

There are many types of passive income. Some offer a great investment opportunity without much work, while others require more time, money and expertise.

It is important to know what you are getting into before entering any type of passive income venture. Make sure that the passive income matches your goals and preferences in order to be successful in the long run.

We should pick the one that suits our skills, lifestyle and personality best.

The most popular types of passive income are:

1- Investment dividends

2- Rentals from a property

3- Royalties from creative

4- Dividends from stocks and shares in company shares

What's your opinion regarding this post?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I will go into real estate it Is one area of investment that never fails you are sure of growth and money no matter what unless you fall into the hands of scammers. But you have to be careful in this area of investment.

The thing will real estate is that you can easily multiple your money since real estate appreciate very fast especially if you have it in a good location. My cousin that is into real estate is really enjoying because people are always out to invest in the industry than other areas

it is either one is looking for a house to buy, wanting to rent or looking to buy a land. bSo there's always needs lined up to be met. You can't go wrong with real estate investment. but as I earlier mentioned real estate scamming is real so you need to be very watchful of who you are dealing with.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Choosing a passive income stream is something that you actually need to do personally because what interests one person may actually not interested other person. Personally, there are several passive income streams i want to venture into but i have not done that because of time and a lot of other factors.

Affiliate marketing is probably one of the best passive income opportunities i want to capitalise on on the internet but i have not really had the time to learn the necessary things and venture into affiliate marketing fully. I have seen a lot of people who make thousands of dollars on monthly basis from affiliate marketing and most of them make the money passively.

Blogging is also another good passive income stream i actually want to venture into. As a blogger there are a lot of opportunities for you to make money while you are sleeping. You can make a lot of money as a blogger by promoting affiliate products and you can also make money as a blogger through google adsense.

All these things are something you need to set up once and go to sleep. if you publish an article on your blog you actually do not need to worry again before the money starts flowing in.

Setho

VIP Contributor
Lot of complexities that comes with using a passive income stream because there are a lot of them out there, and you might become confused trying to pick which one is going to be best for you .
If you are somebody who loves writing and has creative ability without so much money to begin with then you might want to go into blogging and YouTube video creation. You are not going to be investing so much money into this but it also has the probability of bringing you so much money.

As somebody who has quite a handful amount of money to invest and is willing to wait for sometime before you receive turnover, then you should go for real estate properties by to land or rental properties. You are going to be investing significantly of up to 10,000 dollars and might have to wait for three or four years before you get your capital back but it is worth it .

Affiliate marketing and click advertising is also something that you might want to consider . It is even interesting because you are not going to be investing a single dollar before you are going to start making money with it .

lepik

Passive income will have a positive impact on our lives in the future. This type of income is the best way to create financial freedom.

Passive income ideas are plentiful and come in different forms; such as dividends, investing, rental property and monetizing your hobbies.

There are many types of passive income. Some offer a great investment opportunity without much work, while others require more time, money and expertise.

It is important to know what you are getting into before entering any type of passive income venture. Make sure that the passive income matches your goals and preferences in order to be successful in the long run.

1- Investment dividends

I personally went two ways Stock dividends and trying out new NFT reward program what will grow my retirement account. How it works only 1750 NFT slot is open and after this will be private investment club, so far I making 4-5% each month of my investment. Almost like high yield savings account. Of course like everything calculate the risk and reward aspect.

Suba

Staff member
@Naz I don't understand what you mean by investment dividends, Dividends are profit sharing that you will receive if you own shares of a company, Dividends can be in the form of cash, shares and debt pledges (bonds).
Renting property, a safe investment that will generate passive income periodically maybe monthly, but you have to provide large capital to buy property.
Royalties are income that you will receive for the use of patents, copyrights, for example you have written a book, and if the publisher sells the book you make then you will get royalties from the number of books sold. I think the easiest and most affordable capital based on your post is stock investment, because you can buy shares per lot, compared to buying property that requires big capital.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
This will depend on people's decision , environment and other factors .
Personally in case I have to choose between those ones you have mentioned above , I'll definitely go for investment because that is the type of passive income business I would like to do as this will give me good chance of making quick profit within a short period of time.

Another reason I am interested in investment is because your investment will never depreciate as long as you are investing on the right project. So many business organisation like banks and other financial institutions are engaging in real estate investment and probably cryptocurrency. Investment has always been the best way of generating money for the rich even in the past and till now.

The only disadvantage of investment is the facts that you will need a huge sum of money for a start , but that is not withstanding , people can still work toward achieving it.

MarkRobins

1- Investment dividends

You can also make money by investing in cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies are the future of technology happening today. The only thing needed to do is to find a suitable trading strategy.

lepik

You can also make money by investing in cryptocurrencies. Cryptocurrencies are the future of technology happening today. The only thing needed to do is to find a suitable trading strategy.
If you find right platform I agree. 98% of crypto is Trash MHO. You still making money quick buy and sells or new staking opportunity's.
My personal favorites are at the moment EverRise and GhostTrader. GTR has best monthly returns and not your average blockchain project . Radio and Shack did very well at the beginning then kind slowed down.

Shaf

Verified member
Just like running an active business, you have to consider your skills, personality and preferences when choosing a passive income stream idea, especially if you plan to do so after retirement.

It also helps to know how much money you have to spare and how much of it you would be willing to lose without being financially impacted significantly. That's because while the idea may fail, you would need to go on and try others.
You don't want a situation where you become stranded for cash.

For me, real estate and rental properties are the best choices for passive income stream. They are passive once the initial work of the active stage is done, they bring a reasonable amount of money that can be used for personal expenses or to further expand you businesses and they carry relatively less risk than others. It's also in your control.

Shares too would be great, provided you pick good ones and they continue in the same time in years to come.

EVE254

Dividends from shares is one of the good ways to earn as a passive income. I personally have this and i like it as it has been working for me.
Another great way is Network marketing. This has been proven, tested over years and is actually working for most people out here.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Investment dividends: Even though I have invested in the stock market, investment dividend is not my favorite passive income method. In order to minimize your risk, you need to diversify your portfolio. When you diversify, not all stocks will yield the same profits. Some stocks might give you profits, whereas some stocks might be at loss.

Rentals from a property: This passive investment is not available to me because I do not have a property to rent out and earn passive income. If I want to use this method, I will have to buy property. In order to buy property, I need a lot of money.

Royalties from creative: I have some digital products and I make passive income by selling digital products. This is my favorite way to make passive income because you do not have to invest, or even if you have to invest, you need little investment, and you do not have to work many hours.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Before we even think of having a passive income we must first of all need to understand what a passive income is all about and what it will require of us if we are interested to make money passively. It is not always an easy thing , it require a lot of marketing in most cases depending on what you are dealing on.

Personally if I am interested to make money passively , I'll definitely look for opportunity to do it online as it will be much more easier and everything can be program to runs perfectly even without you having to stress yourself after every thing has been set up..

I am just looking for opportunities to work on spare time without having to stress myself, I do not like the idea of working for anyone , that is why I am always looking for opportunity to make money on the internet .