Who to blame for business misfortune?

Skysaint

Verified member
Poorly written content: No paragraph
Sometimes while running a business enterprise, it is almost natural or rather say normal to encounter difficult times or make losses while running the business which I referred to as misfortune.
So when this kind of situation get hold of most business men they tend to react to it very differently. Some may try to keep this a secret and continue running his affairs the usual way, some may tend to blame others or so many factors for their misfortune while some others will take the blame, retrace their steps and take corrections from these mistakes made and implement them in future while making decisions.
I personally do support the last type of business men I mentioned above, I certainly believe that there ain't any need for blaming others for the difficulties one face while running a business rather we should be more focused on how we could actually use the knowledge to our advantage.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When it comes to misfortune in the business the blaming game is not good. However, it would depend on the kind of misfortune. When there was the great flood in 2009 here most businesses were inundated. Now, who will you blame for that misfortune when your supplies got wet and couldn't be sold anymore? That is an act of God that we couldn't avoid.

Good luck

Verified member
The owner of the company or business should be blamed for not putting the right people on the track and for not doing a good visibility stop the business to know how the business can be run to avoid any issues along the line.A business owner should be mindful of how a business should be run and the customers are also very important in terms of misfortune in business

Skysaint

Verified member
When it comes to misfortune in the business the blaming game is not good. However, it would depend on the kind of misfortune. When there was the great flood in 2009 here most businesses were inundated. Now, who will you blame for that misfortune when your supplies got wet and couldn't be sold anymore? That is an act of God that we couldn't avoid.
Yeah, you're probably right about that. I don't really think the blaming stuff is actually necessary in business just like you've pointed out, but sometimes business owners actually do act carelessly and when this posses a negative effect on their business the would want to blame an external factor. I think people should start taking responsibility of their actions and consequently learn from them

Mika

VIP Contributor
No one but you are to be blamed when your business encounters misfortunes, goes into a loss, or fails. You as a business owner should take all the responsibilities of anything bade happening related to your business. The reason for misfortunes could be the wrong decision, wrong product, wrong marketing strategies, etc.

Skysaint

Verified member
No one but you are to be blamed when your business encounters misfortunes, goes into a loss, or fails. You as a business owner should take all the responsibilities of anything bade happening related to your business. The reason for misfortunes could be the wrong decision, wrong product, wrong marketing strategies, etc.
I totally do agree with your point. Business owners should learn how to take responsibility of whatever happens in their business because that's the only way they can possibly learn from it. Even if you mistakenly partnered with an incompetent business partner, it's still your fault for not having to weigh how hardworking and industrious s/he is before partnering with such person

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
Sometimes business collapse not because of your faults but due to other factors beyond your control. For example, your business can fail due to corporate espionage. Let say you set up a good team and launch your business, what if all of your employees abandon your company and go to another company?

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
If you have a business, and it is seeming like it is falling apart, the first thing you should try to notice is where the fault is coming from, as far as I know about it, there are different departments in a company that works together just to make the business grow bigger, so you have to be able to figure out which department is causing the issue in order to know how to make correction to it. Definitely things just don’t happen with reasons, so it is certainly because something is wrong somewhere and it is inside the company.