The high risk of blame culture in the workplace

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There's a very high level of blame culture in the workplace. Funny enough this act never benfit the workplace in any wsy. The thing is that company tend to blame individuals for mismanagement, accidents and injuries. Where there should be proper assessment and accountability making it a natural part of the job.

Blame culture is to the detriment of a company. Everyone should be a acountable which would keep people on the toes to do the right things. This is why instilling discipline should be highly effective

.When things go wrong you don't just blame the culprit, you need to investigate and give the right sanctions which could include disciplining the employee and setting things right. you would be promoting a safety culture.this way

SHAHID123

Here at least in my city this blame culture is common, even I have seen this, as it starts from upper level as management started blaming of low sales to sales department, then sales head starts blaming to particular group like vaccination group and their head start firing their some un wanted sales representatives. This thing shouldn't be done because it just spread demotivation to all workers. They started remaining in fear as they could be fired or they may lose their increments. This remain a sort of mental torture which just gives bad impacts on an individual performance. I have seen this much more in local companies.

Etini

Valued Contributor
When staff in an organisation are always playing the blame game, there would always be no meaningful growth in such an organisation. A team should not scapegoat any team member unless it would lead to bad blood which would cause inefficiency within the team. Staff should be able to understand that failure no matter who caused it would affect the entire workforce and should find a way to step in and see how to minimize the effects of failure rather than trading blames.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
When staff in an organisation are always playing the blame game, there would always be no meaningful growth in such an organisation. A team should not scapegoat any team member unless it would lead to bad blood which would cause inefficiency within the team. Staff should be able to understand that failure no matter who caused it would affect the entire workforce and should find a way to step in and see how to minimize the effects of failure rather than trading blames.
They want to show themselves as a god in life. I see everyone in this community is the side of the employer and few persons on the side of the employee. As you know even if an employer makes a mistake they prettify it as this is for them a person paying money. There is a big difference between blaming someone for a fault done and using the power of an employer to show that this person is under you a grade and devalorize all his work without giving more details as everyone knows it and also making a show that he doesn't serve the company add to scandals and insults and injuries in front of other employees in the meantime what happens nowadays for 90 % of employers in the work.