Why do some people consider career over happiness?

marcusfe

I've met with lots of people who don't give a thought to whatever happens to them or around them when they are busy at their office or pursuing their career. In fact, I have an uncle who prefers to hurt his either wife, mother or any of his relatives in order to satisfy his superior at work. This doesn't care whether the decision his boss suits him well or not, he's bent to do whatever he's asked to do. Even as his relatives everyone has understood the fact that it might be a bad idea for you to go and visit him in the office because he might be mad at you. To my surprise, the man is having multiple promotion regularly, in fact, he's just been reinstated into the post he's qualified for.

My major concern is as this man is career centered, is it a best way of life since he's getting his due reward for diligence in his duty post?

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Somepeiple has taken career more important than their happiness because of lack of wisdom greediness and self-centered.
For example some people preferred working like clock and there home will not enjoy them,the will not have enough of rest ,they value their job even more than their children all because of money.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is a bit funny; you mean someone can be this ambitious. Well, it is different strokes for different folks. I’m ambitious but not over ambitious this way but as I said this might just be the way that keeps him going so if I’m the family member I will just let him be. A lot of people loves their career and can’t trade it for anything, especially if it is connected to their passion and drive so if that is what would make them happy, so be it.

IamDozzy

This is because career puts food on the table but happiness might or mightn't put food on the table. I believe people tend to chase pathways that would give them earnings to take care of their basic needs like food, housing and clothing. Happiness is relative, some people having money makes them happy and the best way for them to achieve this happiness is to chase their career. There are people that are happy in the wrong career and vice versa. Every man to his own.

MarieArie

It is possible to calculate emotional well-being in different dimensions, also loosely referred to as satisfaction. Look specifically at how people measure the overall quality of their lives, where the best possible life is the top step, and the worst possible life is the bottom step. Being a self-employed citizen has a multifaceted link to well-being. In the sociology of happiness, one of the most robust conclusions is that unemployment is destructive to the well-being of individuals.

Gamboakas

Nowadays people consider carrier over happiness because when you don't have money mostly even you family members will not value you that's why most people if they will make it in life to earn that respect they will go extra miles beyond their happiness just to achieve that self esteem.