Why do We Need Transferrable Skills

Jasz

VIP Contributor
There are many reasons why we need transferrable skills. First of all, a transferrable skill is a set of knowledge and skills that can be used to solve problems in a wide range of areas and industries. This is why it’s important to learn more than one field of study and develop a variety of skills.

Secondly, it’s also important to have a good understanding of your own strengths and weaknesses so that you can choose the right courses or programs for yourself. You don’t want to waste time in school or university learning things that are not relevant for your future career goals, but if you know what kind of person you are then you will know when it’s time to change course or stop studying altogether.

And thirdly, it is important to be able to adapt quickly and easily because there will always be new technologies emerging every day which require us to learn new skills quickly in order for us to stay competitive in our careers as well as with other companies who may want to hire us later on down the line.

Holicent

VIP Contributor
A lot of reasons why we need transferable skills. First, for some people, it's about finding their calling and becoming a master at it. For others, it's about getting the right education to fit their personality and interests. For example, if you were born into an artistic family, this will always be your destiny. If you were born into a scientific family, this will always be your destiny. But if you were born into a business family, this will not always be your destiny. It all depends on what path you choose during your life.

For example, if I was born into a business family but had no interest in business and just wanted to become an artist or a musician or whatever else my parents want me to do with my life (which is fine), then I would have been miserable when I grew up and gone through life with no purpose or meaning in life. But since I was interested in business since childhood and had many transferable skills from playing sports and being active that helped me develop those skills in later years when I was older and more mature already than most other kids who grew up in families where they were destined to become doctors or lawyers or engineers or whatever else they were destined).