Why do we prefer Man than Women as Business Manager

Olajidey

There are many companies that tend to use a man as a business manager than to use a woman even thou if the woman is more qualified than the man. Even a company owned by a woman still prefer to use a man as the manager. Thou we have some managers that are women but the percentage is low compare to the man.
Why is it so?
I believe a woman is a great manager than a man my reason is this, they are the one that manages the home they have experience on the manageability of resources and how to channel the resources if there is opportunity cost.
I will like you to contribute your opinion.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Women are unique in their own way, I have seen a lot of companies where women are the ones heading them, so I doubt if what you are saying is a general thing. Maybe it is just common in your location.
Even at that, if I would go by your point of view, women are usually too busy with some house chores and taking care of their kids and we all know that management positions usually come with a lot of responsibilities that could be over bearing and it is not going to be okay having a woman when she still has a lot of motherly and wifey roles to carryout at home.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
To be fact, I love to be under a man than being under a woman. A man is easy to approach for me. And managerial lost befits man than woman. Women are easy emotional and easily swayed with the situation compare to man. Women don't knoe how to break even. It is either they are too gentle and easy to approach as bosses or they are so strict and difficult to approach. I have worked under the two sexes before and I am only speaking based on my experience. It may be right or wrong but I know my opinion may not be universally accepted.

I dont actually discriminate between a Male or a female on the subject of the ability to handle any task effectively and efficiently. I have seen females with more balls and more control ability than males, and I have seen alot of men who are really good managers and supervisors. I think the major requirement is if the person is well qualified for the job or position. I think the reason why people prefer males to females is because males are physically more strong and threatening look to females, and besides alot of males would not take orders and instructions from females or consider them irrelevant.

Joseph555

Literally men are perceive and seen to be the head, therefore having a man head a company is in line with our everyday believe that a woman must be under a man and that is not our fault, further more women are more emotional than men and a successful company must not entertain emotions.

Seyesystem

I agree with you OP write up because many people in The office always prefer men to be their boss because they complain about the way women like to control and dominate the department that they are heading. For me I at work with both men and women boss in the office and I know the difference between men and women boss.Women generally don't really know how to handle leadership role they are always feeling bossy and the oppressed the staff under them. I have work with one before she will never hear you out you must always accept the blame of what you did not do. And they don't know how to talk sometime. I don't like working with a female boss I don't know whether they always feel intimidated by men around them or may be that is their nature.