Shares/Stock Why Should We Invest In Healthcare Stocks Amid Pandemic?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
When it comes to stock trading, many traders could be choosy. Obviously each and every trader has his own trading strategies and specific stocks that he might choose to trade in. However, I have always believed that when it comes to any kind of business, the conditions and the situation matters a lot. For example, it is winter season and I am sure that clothes manufacturing companies manufacture clothes for winter season, so investing in such companies that produce clothes for this season could be profitable. Now as we are living in the times when we are facing the situation of pandemic, do you think that it would be wise to buy stocks of companies that manufacture healthcare products?

I can remember that the sales of healthcare products booster insanely during the 2020 pandemic when the pandemic was at its peak. This is because many hospitals required medical equipment and healthcare products such as medicines to treat people who were suffering from Covid-19 virus. Many equipment such as oxygen gas cylinders, masks, medicines, etc were quite high in demand. I am NOT saying that we should take advantage of people rather what I am trying to ask is whether or not investing in healthcare stocks could be profitable during pandemic? What do you think?

D

Deleted member 28127

Healthcare is a lifetime working investment means people are in need but investing in stocks for health companies is not stable just because the company could win or lose.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
As demanding as health equipment can be. There are limits to what you can sell, without license or being a health practitioner, you cannot fit in. Some of this health equipments are really expensive and getting it can also be difficult.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
As demanding as health equipment can be. There are limits to what you can sell, without license or being a health practitioner, you cannot fit in. Some of this health equipments are really expensive and getting it can also be difficult.

I certainly agree with you that when it comes to selling health-related products, you might be required to have a valid license and a degree in pharmacy before you tend to open a pharmacy business. However, not all the medical supplies and products require you to have a license. For example, keeping hand sanitizers and face masks do not need you to have an updated license because these medical supplies do not involve you to have complex knowledge of how medical supplies or medicines work. Moreover, when it comes to making an investment in stock company that sells medical equipment, I believe that most of the investors do not have any knowledge about the product itself.

They are just similar to sleeping partners in a business who just invest money. The cases of omicron variant are rapidly increasing in the country and I believe that if the lock down gets imposed once again, the sales of medical supplies might boom once again. The sales and imports of vaccines might also increase. The problem here is that most of the people in here do not consider Covid-19 a big danger for the society and they do not wear masks or get vaccinated.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I can agree that healthcare products are now on the top of the list in the market because of the covid virus. But I cannot say the same with the stocks of the companies that produce and sell healthcare products. For me, a stock investment is safe when it is owned by a big corporation with a good financial track record. In other words, a blue chip stock is the safest investment for their stability not only in the stock market but also in the performance of the business. The gauge that we can use for a blue chip stock is the ranking of the corporations in its industry. At present I own shares of a blue chip stock which is from the biggest bank in our country. The stability cannot be denied because that bank has been there for a long time and its progress is admirable.

D

Deleted member 13140

Wow the strategy you mentioned in the beginning is gold I mean you're right, when investing In stocks a lot of things will come into play like what season we're in,

And also I never actually thought about this health care thing in that way, but I don't think it's taking advantage of people but taking advantage of the market, the market will always go up and down and following the trends can really help you do a lot of things, but anyways the covid 19 outbreak has tremendously reduced so maybe the sales will actually reduce too