Why We need Calcium for Health?

raaman

Valued Contributor
Calcium is an important mineral that the body needs to support good health. In fact, humans have more calcium in the body than any other mineral. Many of you may already be knowing the benefits of calcium for bone growth and maintenance.
That's of course true. Calcium will continue to strengthen the bones in a person until the age of about twenty-five years. After that, calcium plays a role in maintaining or slowing the loss of bone density or the so-called osteoporosis.

However, calcium also has a number of other health benefits that cannot be simply ignored. The benefits of calcium, in addition to strengthening of the bones and teeth, include regulating muscle contraction, and plays an important role in the blood clotting process.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Calcium over our body system lot of essential benefits. If you want to maintain a good bone structure and and strong teeth it is very important to have sufficient amount of calcium in the body system. Calcium responsible for healthy movement of red blood cell in our body system. Someone will suffer broken bone in the old age if they lack calcium.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Calcium is grouped into macro element when we are talking about nutrition. This is not be mistake, it is because it is very easy to observe the importance of calcium. The strong bones that we have is as a result of the presence of calcium in our body which aids rigidity.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Calcium plays a major role in having healthy and strong bone and teeth. Someone is going to experience a lot of ache in the bones when they are not having enough calcium in their body systems. If they had a broken bone from an accident it might take a long period of time to heal due to lack of calcium in the body system.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
It is not only human that needs calcium even paints do need calcium. This is to show you how important calcium is to the body. When you see some people that are bending during old age, it may be as a result of lack of calcium in what they eat.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Too much of calcium can also become toxic in the body system. so it is important for someone to do regular medical check-up to detect some of these things in our body systems. Too much of calcium we prevent the absorption of some minerals like iron and phosphorus in the body system. So it is very essential to strike the balance and body system is capable of doing this.

Empress

Verified member
Our body needs calcium to build and maintain strong bones. Your heart, muscles and nerves also need calcium to function properly. Some studies suggest that calcium, along with vitamin D, may have benefits beyond bone health: perhaps protecting against cancer, diabetes and high blood pressure.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
I have understand that calcium is needed in our body to maintain a constant bone formation and structure, but I believe too much of calcium in the body is not good and in this case people should not be eating for the main purpose of getting calcium but should rather concentrates to have Protein and other balance diet.

Aqruub

Calcium is one of the most important nutrient in the body because it helps in strengthen our bone and also make our teeth stronger

Zerina

If we consume more calcium nutrients food calcium nutrients food it will make our teeth to be more stronger and healthy

Zerinm

Fashionreps to regulate our body system by by making us to be more strong and healthy

Maria Javed

Calcium plays a crucial role in life. Calcium is a mineral most often associated with strong teeth and bones. lack of iron means weakness of bones. If there is deficiency of calcium in our body then our bones becomes weak. And can cause pain in bones, pain in joints, back bone pain and all over body. Because there is also deficiency of calcium in my bones and my bones are becomes weak and my back bone is pain then the doctor gave me the calcium syrup which is best to full filled the deficiency of calcium . And I drink this syrup so this time I am better. So calcium is very important for us. We can get calcium from milk, cheese, fruits, almond, figs, fish, lemon and many other meals. So keep in mind Eat those foods from which we can get calcium. Because calcium is very goog for our good health.

Ayeshabashir

Calcium plays very essential role in our body.And the deficiency of calcium also cause many health problems or dieases. Calcium keeps our teeth stronge and makes our bones stronge.
Now here the question is that where we get calcium .Calcium is present in low fat dairy products such as milk and yogurt. If we search the benefits of calcium then we will able to see that it is very essential and also integral part for hair growth,skin cell regeneration and for wound healing. Besides this it also reduces the risk of tumor and also reduce the higher blood pressure during the pregnancy condition. Doctor always recommends their patients to take tablets of calcium if their bodies have the deficiency of calcium. Calcium also lower your cholesterol.
We should give our child milk daily because the calcium present in milk helps the child bones to grow faster and also makes it stronge.
Because the lack of calcium in our body can lead to insomnia, our body will feel weakness and fatigue. If you will feel that you body dis not have enough calcium then you should go to your doctor and take the supplements of calcium according to your doctor's prescription. Thank you.