Why we should invest in litcoin not bitcoin?

Finger Geek

Verified member
Litcoin is one of the oldest coin. Before early last year. Bitcoin has been the most used coin for transactions by many websites and individuals. But early last year that the price of bitcoin and other coin increased, the bitcoin transfer fees also increased. Seeing transfer fees of Bitcoin worth more than $50. This made people to look else where.

Litcoin was the best option they chose because it has a very low transfer fees that worth not up to 1 cents. Ever since then many websites owners have been using litcoin to pay there members and many individuals have been transacting with litcoin. This made litcoin to gain popularity and it increased the tanking list of litcoin.

Now the price of litcoin is aroun $100. If we compare it with bitcoin. We will see that larger difference. This shows that it has a very long way to go. Bitcoin is almost reaching it's peak and it will not be best to invest in bitcoin but to invest I trusted coin like litcoin that still has a long way to go. It is said that in the next jump in price of cryptocurrencies that litcoin will reach $1000 and that is more than 5 times it's current price.

kalmuk1

Interesting thoughts, however, I am a bit skeptical. I think other coins such as Luna or Avax perform better already. Litecoin is a bit forgotten.

Suba

Staff member
I only hodl Litecoin as a diversified investment even though the main crypto investment is Bitcoin, I consider Litecoin to be a test tool for Bitcoin, so it is often referred to as a silver coin. Besides Litecoin transaction fees are much cheaper than Bitcoin, Litecoin transactions are also faster than Bitcoin.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Base on how you have said , it is among one of the oldest cryptocurrency available , but even with that its still has a very sluggish movement if we are to look at the price history of LTC and all these things is a complete indication that even if we are investing in the coin for long-term purposes it may not still likely gives a reasonable profit.

Personally I would just concentrate to invest in cryptocurrency with high volatility and those that really have something great to offer in the crypto system because those are the cryptocurrency that is likely to give you a huge return-on-investment depending on how long you want to invest in them.

Investment is not really easy and we are to be very careful because if we do not invest in the right project will not likely yields anything even in the future which will render our resources and the time waste .

Personally I have to do some research to understand so many things and I have to look at the price history of certain cryptocurrency I am considering to invest for long-term purposes if they meet up to the demands of what I need .

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
As of the year 2018, Litecoin used to be worth 400$, and Bitcoin for 6-8000$.
Today Litecoin is barely 100$, and bitcoin is 38-40000$.
Altogether those who invested in litecoin 4 years ago now have nearly one-fourth of their investment; buy, those who invested in bitcoin, their investment has multiplied four-five times.
This means Litecoin still has long way to go, but Bitcoin is lion.

Skysaint

Verified member
The truth of the matter is that Bitcoin is already outdated and it's potentials also dissolving to thin air. Bitcoin right now is just living in it's past glory not like it's a good coin for a beginner to venture into. The reason I said this is because, the coin had already attained so much height in value that it can't yield you good returns when you invest in it. Just imagine, investing about $100 to Bitcoin, you will have to wait for the current price of Bitcoin to double before you can earn $200 and this might probably take years considering how sluggish it's price growth is.
So I have always considered other cryptocurrency coins to be a better investment than Bitcoin and if am to choose between litecoin and Bitcoin, I would most likely go for the former. But there are still better coins than litecoin, litecoin performed well last year, same with the Shiba Inu coin bit this year is just different with them so you can opt for other coins that will be lucrative this year judging from their recent price movements.
Coins like BNB and LUNA can be a good investment. I once liked SLP coin but right now it's not doing great. So make your research and invest in a potential coin.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
As a matter of fact and reliability, bitcoin is the only coin that you can vouch for among all the available cryptocurrencies we are seeing in the market right now .

I cannot imagine myself using my money to invest in any other cryptocurrency other than Bitcoin . This is due to how I have been able to do some analysis and see to it that bitcoin has better performance rate than lite coin and other coins in the market .

Lite coin is not ever reliable at all, and I have lost more than $30 right now and still hoping that it will be able to recover at least to some extent ,before I withdraw my money , because doing it right now would make me to lose so much money and I'm not ready to do so at all .

There are just so many reasons why any right-thinking investor would rather stay with bitcoin or ethereum, than to go for lite coin that is having very little performance rate compared to other big coins in the market .

The only alternative coin that I can even consider apart from bitcoin, is the binance coin which we all know has so much potential.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
I don't have idea of how to invest in litcoin and I've never research on it before. Actually I don't have much interest to invest in cryptocurrency but even if I have to do that I rather consider to invest in BTC because that is the only cryptocurrencies I have understanding of

I'm just hoping to learn more about cryptocurrency from these platforms.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Bitcoin is already outdated and it's potentials also dissolving to thin air. Bitcoin right now is just living in it's past glory not like it's a good coin for a beginner to venture into.
Bitcoin is not losing it's charm, it was the first digital and decentralized currency, also it is the first and the only crypto which was legalized by a country (El Salvador). World still talks about Bitcoin first, whenever it talks about crypticurrency.

still hoping that it will be able to recover at least to some extent ,before I withdraw my money , because doing it right now would make me to lose so much money and I'm not ready to do so at all .
It will go up, not to worry too much. When you invested, you took the risk, this happens. Litecoin isn't bad, it is not just it's time yet.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I believe that it is very important that people have a lot of sufficient information about the cryptocurrency space before they are going to start talking about investment in it . Bitcoin was the first cryptocurrency to have ever been created and it is currently the one that has the largest market capitalisation as well as the largest market dominance. This means that you are not going to be seeing large amount of movement when it comes to bitcoin like 30% in a single day which is very common in alternative coins .
Litecoin as the name implies was created with the idea of having a lightweight and this is so that it is going to be solving the problem of high transaction fees whenever it comes to the blockchain . It has remained in the top 10 cryptocurrencies for almost a decade right now and you can always say that it is going to stick around for some time .

This does not mean that it is a better investment than bitcoin because bitcoin still remains the only true decentralized currency in the ecosystem and as such if you are looking to make profit and long-term investment than bitcoin is the best to look at .