Why YouTube is a Better Video Sharing Platform

Mika

VIP Contributor
With the evolution of TikTok and the popularity of Instagram Reels and Facebook Reels, a lot of people are saying that if you want to make money you should move to newer platforms because these platforms pay better. However, that’s not the case. I will explain why.

When you publish on TikTok and Reels, can you go back to edit your videos so that you can improve the performance? No way! However, on youtube, you can edit your past videos and improve your video performance. This will help you continuously make money from your past videos.

On youtube, you can optimize your videos for better performance, which is not possible on other platforms. You can improve the videos you posted 10 years ago by making a few changes such as changing the thumbnail, changing the title and tags, etc.

The best thing about youtube is adsnese earning, earning from ads is yet to come to tiktok even though they have announced it.

King bell

VIP Contributor
From my perspective, here is why I think YouTube is better than Vine (I'm using vine as a case study for this comparison):

- YouTube is open to anyone, unlike vine. (Viners must be approved before they are accepted onto the site and can only add 12 seconds per video)

- YouTube doesn't require you to 'check in' every so often, but Vine does. So for example if you don't check in for a week, your account will not be considered active and will not be viewable on the app or through Web view of the app. While this isn't a major inconvenience... it is a little annoying when you want to upload something new! And then once you do check in again, it takes an extra couple minutes if you forget to make adjustments between the two apps.

- YouTube allows you to add music and audio tracks to your video(s), but Vine doesn't. So if you want your video to sound a certain way, the option is there.

- YouTube has all the major social networks, while on vine, they are basically separate networks. On Vine, Facebook and Twitter are only available through the embed code which can only be generated once per day (even if you don't check in). I've seen people make comments on their videos with only Twitter/Facebook access... so no one really has that social media outlet watching their vids or talking about them or anything like that. The lack of this option for platform integration is annoying.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
When I see a lot of people, recommending TikTok for making money, I just want to laugh because video content monetization is not even available globally. On youtube, you publish a short video today and if your video can pull a lot of traffic, you will start seeing earnings. However, in tiktok, if you are not in the location where video monetization is avaliable, the only way to earn is through receiving gifts during the live streaming. Youtube allows you to earn really big. You can become millionaires. But I have not heard of anyone becoming millionaires just from tiktok. Well, Khaybe Lame is number one followed account, however, he is did not make millions from tiktok, he is making money outside tiktok. However, if you have as many followers as khaybe lame on youtube you will be earning hundreds of thousands every month from youtube. It is took early to talk about Reels.