YouTube Shorts Vs. Facebook Reels: Which is the Better Platform to Make Money

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you also want to make money from videos but do not have the skills to create long videos, perhaps you need to try short videos. Short videos are very trending on various social platforms, and the best part is you can make money from short videos without any subscription. Here we are comparing two platforms for short videos, YouTube Shorts and Facebook Reels

YouTube Shorts

After the popularity of TikTok, YouTube was quick to copy the format and introduce it as YouTube Shorts

YouTube has allocated 100 million USD to YouTube Shorts Funds.

You are eligible for YouTube Shorts Funds as long as you have published one video in the last 6 months.

You don’t have to participate in Google Adsense

Facebook Reels

Facebook Reels has recently been made available worldwide.

Meta has created 1 billion USD Facebook Reels Funds

You can make money even without any followers/subscribers as long as you get videos.

You can repost videos from other platforms as long as you own them

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
This is a good comparison. It will help a people like to to decide which platform to choose. But I think you need to try both platform because you can upload the same video to both platform or even on other platforms.I am yet to use Facebook Reels because it is not available in my location. Meta has announced that Reels is available in many countries, however, I have not checked it I can use Reels in my country. However, I have been using youtube shots since while and I am really happy with the results. I don't earn a lot of money from youtube shorts but I do make money from the shorts. The best thing about shorts is you can get subscribers without doing a lot of hard work. Facebook Reel is a recent program, therefore, meta is trying to lure content creators on its platform. I read somewhere that meta is offering upto $35K for short video creators. That's a lot of money to be made by creating videos. Facebooks' creator funds seem to be bigger than creator funds for youtube short videos. They say, newer the platform, easier is to make money. Therefore, Reels might be better.