Business Ideas will you prefer to sell your business or wait for additional capital

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Most times you are scared that people might carry out your business idea and you might just end up getting nothing at the end and when you have a very good business idea that will improve business on a large pattern is better you carry it out in any way . But most times capital seems to be a issue for you to start the business and when you dont have , there are times that someonne might likely think about your planned business idea and obviously carry it out without you gaining anything at the end of the day and from the best laid plans , so in that instance what would be your preffered move will you have to wait for additional capital or you sell the business idea very fast before someone thinks of such idea

tglennon

Personally I think you need to view how your company is doing and be realistic about the future and the bottom line of the company. If you cannot make decisions separately from your emotions, the game will eat you up!

funmi

Verified member
Hnmm... This question is actually not easy to answer because you will really need to think and think before deciding on what to do. It is very painful not to get credit for what you did. But when there is no capital for you to finance your business idea, I still think that the best thing to do is to sell the idea out.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
A business with prospect need a good level of patience, I might just continue to strive than selling is out. Some businesses sometimes turn out to be a life-long one, supposing such was sold out at the early stage then one will have lost out. So for me I will not sell

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
It is not easy for someone to have exactly same business idea like you would and I only think that will happen when you go about telling them about what you are up to and this would be the only situation that is going to make your plans known for anyone to even consider going to start up the same business.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
The reason why i created a business initiative is to stay around it, oversee its improvement long time to make sure everything is up and doing. I don't intend selling my business plan for whatsoever, i will push it to achieving the success that i meant for it. I'm not the one that fancy selling of business halfway, instead i close it down, than I'll sell it and see another entrepreneur promoting it high and earn worthwhile dividends from my own ideas.

Richee84

I think the best thing to do is to look for partnership with the person that have capital and also believe in ur business idea. But if u are unable to get partnership then is better u sell off the business idea and make money from it than lossing it entirely to another without any compensation.

IamDozzy

Well, it depends on the circumstance i find myself in. If my business is totally bankrupt and the additional capital to come in is guaranteed then I wouldn't sell my business. But if the potential additional capital is on a 50-50 basis which means it is not guaranteed then I might likely sell the business so as to get the initial capital I invested in the business.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Well, it depends on the circumstance i find myself in. If my business is totally bankrupt and the additional capital to come in is guaranteed then I wouldn't sell my business. But if the potential additional capital is on a 50-50 basis which means it is not guaranteed then I might likely sell the business so as to get the initial capital I invested in the business.
Well I meant business idea , because many people considers this as a big issue and they look into selling their business idea even I its going to make them bank rupt or fetch them additional capital in the Long run , so it depends on the kind of portal the person focused on , like for me I would sell the business idea

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This reminds me of my business when it was experiencing shortage of funds that I had to borrow money to buy supplies. If there would be an offer to buy my business then I would probably relent. But there is a condition that my staff will be retained at least for 3 months so that they will not be jobless.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
think you made a good remark in that aspect , because you really needs to consider your staff too because they also have a stake and they contributes to the development of your business before the person comes to buy your business ,High compensation is needed to make them have more interst and also appreciate your kindness towards them too

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
What you pointed at in your post is very common in Nigeria, I do not mean to insult my people but the truth must be told. If you run to them discussing your plans and ideas on the business you intends to start. What runs through their mind is how to overthrow you and start up the business on their own without your consent.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
What you pointed at in your post is very common in Nigeria, I do not mean to insult my people but the truth must be told. If you run to them discussing your plans and ideas on the business you intends to start. What runs through their mind is how to overthrow you and start up the business on their own without your consent.
Thats the problem and the funny part is that after discussing the idea and they have carry it out , some might not even let you have aby share and might even start ignoring you in all aspect even when they see you , so you would just have to do your possible best and keep the idea to yourself and make sure it is sucessful