D

Deleted member 13140

There are numerous success stories of businesses succeeding on the internet that you will hear. The trouble is, there are probably a tenfold or maybe a hundredfold number of stories that contradict theirs. Many people have tried and failed to start an internet-based business, but only a few will succeed.
mainly because the many that failed, didn't know the current state of the internet, and use it to their advantage.

Is it just a stroke of luck? That's even further away. It takes sound commercial judgment, as well as a great deal of assistance and teamwork. The desire to achieve, the commitment to study, and the readiness to put in a lot of effort and money are the most significant factors.

All of your efforts would be for naught if there was no traffic. Customers are essential to any business; without them, you wouldn't be able to offer your items. The walk-in customer in the internet world is traffic. You'll be able to sell your stuff to more individuals if you have greater traffic, Without the customer, you won't sell and if you don't sell you don't make profit and that leads to running out of business.

So What Do you need to do, You Need To Run Paid Ads -
Millions of people use search engines every day, and they supply information to them. They provide links to a variety of websites that a user could be interested in. If your site's link appears towards the top of the search results page, there's a good probability they'll visit it. While search engine optimization is a less expensive and low-cost method of obtaining a high ranking for your website, paying for adverts ensures that you will be among the top results.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I run ads on facebook, twitter, instagram, youtube as well as google. I advertise my youtube channel, blog, and other products and services through advertising. The market is so competitive that if you are not doing paid advertising you cannot generate any sales. Running an ad requires you to know how ads on each platform works. If you do not know how ads work and how you can advertise your product and services you will be spending a lot of money on ads without any conversion or low conversion. Knowing your customer is a part of advertising. If you know your customer, you can target your ads to your proper audience.

Mika

VIP Contributor
A lot of people say social media is the best marketing platform because it is free. yes, you can market on social media for free but this does not mean you will be able to sell a lot of products just by free promotion. IN fact, you can not reach your customer without running ads. You need to run ads, and target your potential customers based on their demography, psychography, location, etc. The only free promotion that works is by promoting on your own page. But you need a huge following on your page to become successful. you can build huge following only by spending money

goodmoneygoodlife

I don't know if you have to run ads. Ads are expensive (i.e. high risk for new businesses) and oftentimes hit-or-miss. Another thing with ad platforms is you can easily get banned / flagged accidentally by AI which is a huge risk if your business is depending on paid ads to drive traffic. I've been accidentally banned on every single platform I've ever advertised in. Hence, paid ads is expensive because the right way to do it is to diversify to multiple channels so a single ban won't have your business hanging by a thread. But that means paying a lot of paid ads/experiments in parallel, simultaneously = lots of $.

Some can take this risk, some can't. Here are some alternatives (with the same risk of being banned, but at least you don't have to spend as much $ to drive traffic):
  • SEO, either organic, paid PBNs, or a hybrid.
  • Leveraging pre-existing platforms so you don't have to pay for traffic. Think Etsy, RedBubble, Amazon, and so on. Just optimize the SEO there and you'll get traffic. You can pay for ads within those platforms as well, but they cost less, generally. "12 Months To A Million" recommends NO paid ads and just using organic Amazon. You just need to organically get ~100 loyal customers in your pre-launch and you should be able to organically do well post-launch.

That said: I think ads are good if you have a good product-market fit and some proven cash flow though. I think it's not good for beginners.

For beginners: It's like "do you wanna run ads on Bing, Google, Facebook, TikTok and juggle a bunch of experiments on those platforms?" or "do you wanna grass-roots it and just do reddit/FB group outreach and gauge interest before launching so by the time you launch you don't need to pay for ads?"

I'd prefer the latter due to higher signal-to-noise and less risk vs. ads.

D

Deleted member 28127

Pay money for advertising if only the project is live sales means a PrestaShop website for selling items and gigs but if it is simple blog earning money from CPM then pay for advertising will not ideal solution as CPM and CPC rates do not even recover advertising fee so it is depending from the gender of the website you are devellopping and implementing to the final user and the use case followed.