You Should Purify Your Water Before Drinking

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Purifying water before drinking helps rid it of harmful bacteria that could cause illness and death

Chemicals used to purify water include chlorine, iodine, ozone, and ultraviolet light

Anyone who travels knows that it's always important to be prepared. But no matter how prepared you are, sometimes bad things happen. One of the most important items to have on hand is a way to purify water when you're far from home and there's no bottled water in sight. Here are some simple methods that you can use before drinking:

1) Boil the water for at least 1 minute (and up to 5 minutes)

2) Add 1/8 teaspoon of chlorine bleach per gallon of water. Stir and let it sit for at least 30 minutes before using it.

3) You can also make use of water guard

4) Use a filter or purifying tablet specifically made for purifying water.

Ganibade

Verified member
Purification of water is very important in our environment. Water is essentially part of life and without it we can do anything and it takes 80 percentage of our life. Purification of water depends on where water comes out. We can not compare water from sea and water that comes out from well. The level of ph acidity in water varies from one another and some water has taste,and colour.
The purification of water at this stage is very important. Water can cause a lot of problems if care is taking. We can purify water through sedimentation by using alums. We can purify water by putting water inside sunlight for some hours and remove the particles and also boiling of water for some time to reach boiling point of water and use it.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic reminds me of my grade school days when water in the tap is the main source of drinking water. No one I know would filter the water. Even in the city the tap water is palatable and clean. When I became an adult the drinking water started to become dirty. Due to the reports of intestinal problems there was a nationwide inspection of the tap water that proved to be not so clean for drinking. That was the time that the bottled water began to sell. I remember the first time we bought bottled water for drinking was in 1994 when I had a problem with my digestive system. It was like diarrhea that I was advised to drink bottled water which is distilled.

For better precaution we have a water filter in our kitchen so that the water from the tap is somehow cleansed. That's what we drink now although when I would have some issues with my stomach I would buy distilled water for my personal use.

Kola

Verified member
Yes it's good to purify water before drinking to prevent sickness.if you don't purify it you are introducing your self to different kinds of disease like cholera which is harmful to the body and very deadly.so before you drink water make sure its clean and make sure it does not have any dirty particles.you can always use chlorine to clean your water it's good for the water and it's makes it clean.