5 Platforms to Make Money For Artists

Mika

VIP Contributor
If you are an artist looking for a platform to sell your artworks, you might find the following art marketplaces useful. On these marketplaces, you can sell any kind of artwork including digital art.

Etsy: Etsy specializes in selling handmade products. Since arts are classified, Etsy is an ideal platform for selling arts.

Amazon: Amazon is a great platform to sell any products including artworks.

Fine Art America: This is an art marketplace for artists to sell not only art for also art prints in different formats.

Pixels: This is an art marketplace that allows you to sell your canvas artworks. You can also sell clothing items with your unique designs and artwork.

UGallery: This is an online art gallery where artists can showcase their arts and buyers can buy artworks. UGallery is one of the best platforms for emerging artists.

TurningArt: TurningArt is a turnkey service for artists.

Society6: This is a platform where artists can not only sell artworks but also use their artworks in the clothing items and other accessories as sell through the platform.

The world of arts has changed and evolved a lot in the recent times. In the past artists used to struggle a lot, but it seems like the opportunities for artists have increased somewhat as compared to the past. However, I must caution that there are still many things that needed to be evolved and we still need to create much more opportunities for the artists who are interested in creating great artwork now. I must say that the creation of NFT token has also changed many things in this regards. There are many platforms like Opensea, Mintable, and Rarible that would allow you to sell your precious artwork for a good price.

However, the more creative you are, the better art work you will produce. Apart from that, I reckon that the best way to create the best kind of artwork is to learn skills that might make you a better artist. You will just get better day by day, if you create better artwork and keep practising things. I must also add here that there is a very tough competition in the artwork industry and this could also be a really big challenge for many artists who want to compete in the market.

Even though I have created digital paintings and tried to sell my digital arts through the platform like Fine Art America, Etsy, or even use my digital art as print on various items, I am basically not a digital artists, therefore, I have never taken much interest in exploring this method to make money online. However, I understand the value of working on this niche because you can not only sell your art directly, you can even use the art as print on various and sell through online marketplaces or print-on-demand marketplaces. Just like the previous commentator said minting art as an NFT and selling through the NFT marketplaces like opensea, mintable, rarible, solsea, Binance NFT etc. can be an interesting way to make money for the digital artists. Meta is already testing NFT feature on Instagram. If this feature becomes public and is available in your location, you can also use this feature to make money from NFT art. NFT are not cryptocurrency or crypto tokens, NFTs are digital assets, digital collectibles which can generate money of you create and sell, or buy and resell. Since NFT is getting popular I am thinking to try this by minting my digital art as NFT.