Arkansas offers Bitcoin and Bike incentives for its workers

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
A region in Arkansas is offering a Bitcoin incentive for people to relocate there. Shutterstock photo
According to local media outlet KNWA, the Northwest Arkansas Council is offering a sum of $10,000 in Bitcoin to entice remote tech professionals to relocate to the region. Fayetteville, Rogers, Bentonville, and Springdale are all part of the region.

Aside from the Bitcoin, tech professionals who visit Arkansas will receive a street or mountain bike.

"This expanded incentive offer—Bitcoin and a bike—not only embraces the growing trend of employers using cryptocurrency as a payment option, but it also helps increase our pipeline of talent to benefit tech employers, startups, cities, local businesses, and the region as a whole," said Nelson Peacock, president and CEO.

What's your take on this?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
When will all these things start happening here too in Nigeria, how I wish our government can also learn from these countries. Soon investor will troop into those country because investors are always ready to move to where they know their capital will increase even more. And where they know they will find an enabling business environment. Even I may personal consider visiting such country purposely for trading crypto activities. The governmenthas done so well to empower her citizen which what a reasonable government should place at their priority. I once again commend their government for taking such a step in the right direction.