Health Insurance Benefits of Health Insurance

chicnthin

I'm very glad that my father owns a health insurance. Almost everyone I know owns it because it's kinda mandatory to have. We never know when we are gonna get sick, so it's important that we have a plan when we do. Having health insurance is one way of taking care of yourself and your love ones.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Mandy96, correct there are different other policies under health insurance itself. But whatever you choose, it'll give you financial assistance during any sort of medical emergency. Health Insurance will also be helpful in your tax deductions. And once you buy a health insurance, you can stop worrying about your treatment expenses.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I think health insurance is beneficial in so many ways but people have to understand that there are other insurance policies under it. It depends on the one you opt for that will determine the coverage you get under it. This is why people need agents or brokers to put them through on how to go about choosing an insurance
That is true. But in most cases, health insurance is always classified as one bug umbrella which will cover any kind of health related issues right from the small headache to tearing of cancer even through surgery. But that it may differ from countries to countries that's why it is better just as you said to have the advice of a good broker.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
I think health insurance is beneficial in so many ways but people have to understand that there are other insurance policies under it. It depends on the one you opt for that will determine the coverage you get under it. This is why people need agents or brokers to put them through on how to go about choosing an insurance

Nite

Valued Contributor
A lot of people to avoid hassle, ends up buying a health plan without much knowledge. So, before selecting a health insurance plan always make sure that it offers you coverage against a wide range of medical facilities, such as critical illness cover, cashless treatment, pre and post hospitalisation cover, etc.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
Health insurance have so many benefits attached , from covering the person health risks and also providing free medical check up and verify the person health rating , it's best to choose the best insurance company that covers such risk so you would get all the needed benefits attached I think

Jamoflondon

Verified member
There is one benefit of health insurance which you forget to mention is that it gives the insured some kind of financial courage when it is related to medical issue probably some surgery that could cost a lot money that could not be afforded by the insured. I think this should be the main reason for having a health insurance.

Nite

Valued Contributor
People do tend to go for medical check ups often when they have a health insurance. This will help to keep track of one's overall health. Some health insurers offer free annual health check ups, through which people can get full body checkups without even having to pay from their pockets.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
I'm very glad that my father owns a health insurance. Almost everyone I know owns it because it's kinda mandatory to have. We never know when we are gonna get sick, so it's important that we have a plan when we do. Having health insurance is one way of taking care of yourself and your love ones.
You're absolutely right because when you have an health insurance you will have more access to healthcare and you won't hesitate to consult when you notice any difference in your health because the fear of huge hospital bill which discouraged many people won't be there. I am happy I am also a beneficiary.

Nite

Valued Contributor
In today's world, lifestyle changes and many other factors can have severe impact on a person's health, which could cause various health conditions. And the costs associated with the treatment of such conditions are rapidly increasing. In order to safeguard our finances against those high medical bills, it's vital to invest in a health insurance plan as it covers all our hospitalisation expenses.

Pre-hospitalisation & post-hospitalisation expenses These normally includes medical reports, doctor's visits, xray reports, and many others. Health insurance will cover all these expenses, so we can stop worrying about the high costs.

Tax deductions on our health insurance premiums. Pemium paids not only will buy you health cover, but also helps in saving the taxes.

Lifetime renewability can renew a policyholder's health insurance without any age limit or upper restriction. Very beneficial for senior citizens as it can take off the financial pressure in case of any medical emergency.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
One good thing with health insurance is that once people are aware that they are going to be paying little amount of money for hospitals bills simply because their health is already insured they tend to go for medical checkup almost every time and this helps to maintain healthy living so I think orientation is very important and government of different countries should look for a way that everybody i health will be insured.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
We don't sound health it can be very hard to achieve quality wealth. this is the reason why we need to take care of our health and prevent it from getting deteriorate. One of the ways of maintaining your health is to ensure it. Someone might develop and health issue that will beyond your capacity, if you insure your health, it is the insurance company that will provide All You Need to restore your health back provided you are paying your premium regularly.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Buying a health insurance is important for yourself and your family as well, because the healthcare bills are expensive. Hospitalisation can burn a hole in your pocket, derailing your finances. And since this covid-19 has started, there's even more need of having a health insurance to deal with the treatment costs.
You are absolutely right though I don't think the health insurance system covers the covid 19 treatment in my country at the moment. Honestly health insurance saves a lot from one's expenses and the deduction plan in my country doesn't makes you feel it. I hope it is made available for all individuals that can afford it because it helps.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Buying a health insurance is important for yourself and your family as well, because the healthcare bills are expensive. Hospitalisation can burn a hole in your pocket, derailing your finances. And since this covid-19 has started, there's even more need of having a health insurance to deal with the treatment costs.

Ahmedo24

Verified member
Health insurance is very important and it's highly affordable in my country because if you are working with the Federal Government you will be enrolled into the platform of which you pay just 10% of your total treatment in the hospital whenever you have treatment and you're also entitled to have your spouse and three kids enrolled

Mika

VIP Contributor
I do not have health insurance. My medical bills are almost zero for a couple of years, therefore, I have not bought health insurance. However, I regretted not buying health insurance when I caught Covid. Since I did not have health insurance, I had to pay for the medical bills from my own pocket.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
Health insurance is arguably the best insurance policy the insurance company has come out with. The fact that there is no way one will not fall sick in his lifetime and the fact that cost of taking good care oneself and going for medical check up is always high makes health insurance policy imperative.