Bitcoin is better than gold says Winklevoss

Nite

Valued Contributor
In the long term process, gold will be a stable investment. Bitcoin however, can be a better investment for short-term potential gains, it is volatile in nature and is prone to large price fluctuations in a very short period of time. Gold has been used around the world throughout centuries and hence has proven its inherent value. So, that makes us certain that gold just won't stop having value one day.

Bitcoin's complete digital mode makes it vulnerable to hacking, and be stolen. It has a tendency to crash just as heavily as it gains. Gold has withstood the test of time and has proved to rise in value over time.

Josemendez

Verified member
To an extent I think this is true. Bitcoin is very much more Volatile than gold and this is what makes it more profitable. It is not as costly as gold and thus people can afford to buy fractions of it.
Gold on it's own is not easily accessible nor can it be sold easily.
I believe bitcoin will always have more Investors than gold in coming years because of it's Decentralized nature

Nite

Valued Contributor
Gold has been around for centuries. People see gold as a source of security that has been tested over time, whereas Bitcoin has not been around during a major financial crisis, such as the Great recession. Gold prices also has experienced volatility, but it's value uptil now has remained stable.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Even though I am a cryptocurrency person and of course I like a cryptocurrency to so much but I don't really agree with this assertion. The fact that Gold per kilo is about 59,000 dollars and 1 bitcoin is about 30,000 dollars recently still shows that gold is much better for now but I don't doubt the possibility of Bitcoin surpassing Gold by far in the nearest future.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
I don't see how Bitcoin surpasses Gold when it comes to stability for investment. Gold has been in existence since the time anyone can remember and it's still good for investment, with the ways it appreciates in value almost every time.

Bitcoin, is good for investment because of it's volatility and Bitcoin is not still accepted yet by most people......And it's risky to invest in it.

Nite

Valued Contributor
Yes, Gold is quite more stable than Bitcoin. Gold is good for long term investment goals, Bitcoin on the other hand can turn out well for short term investing, and it is gaining a lot of popularity nowadays. At the end, it is upto one's choice whether to go for Gold or for Bitcoin.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
If you will take a survey of buyers of pizza about the question of which is better between pizza and hamburger then for sure pizza will win because you asked a pizza eater. In the same vein a user of crypto will surely praise the crypto as what I am seeing in the posts in forums. Even when the crypto price is struggling users would say you only lose if you sell. You will not lose if you hold on.
Lol yeah people will always stand by what they believe in and maybe what might or is working for them. but I think investing in gold bring more stability than in crypto. The risk involved in the two is much higher in bitcoin than in gold. But as it is always stated different strokes for different folks

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
If you will take a survey of buyers of pizza about the question of which is better between pizza and hamburger then for sure pizza will win because you asked a pizza eater. In the same vein a user of crypto will surely praise the crypto as what I am seeing in the posts in forums. Even when the crypto price is struggling users would say you only lose if you sell. You will not lose if you hold on.

leejay

Honestly, I concur to this fact, just imagine someone like me with no surname having chances to trade on crypto but come to think of it in the case of gold, I will never have such opportunity, crypto reaches both the poorest of the poor and the richest, crypto in years to come will outclass so many businesses and income generating sources and not just gold, i make money while at home with no stress and insult and i believe with my non political background I will get low or no chances on gold as I do with crypto.

Profwriter

In the nearest future, bitcoin may have more value than gold because of the promise it holds and the current potentials but it's still safer to invest in gold than bitcoin because the rate of depreciation could be faster and fatal with bitcoin than with gold. All cryptocurrencies are subjectto fluctuations and the frequency and magnitude it occurs can be very terrific leading to losses. Money is not easy to find, therefore one must invest wisely to avoid disappointment and hear breaks.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Winklevoss the co-founder of the Gemini crypto exchange gave this assertion a while back. The co-founder said, he believed strongly that bitcoin is beating gold at it game now. He tweeted on his twitter that “ Bitcoin is better at being gold and not merely by incrementally, but by an order of magnitude or even 10 times better” well, taking a look at the price of bitcoin which is 1 bitcoin in USD equals 33,862.20 and price of gold per kilo being 59,779.33 USD. What do you think about these two? Do you agree with this assertion as put forward by Winklevoss?

greatguy1

disagree strongly with the assertion. Gold has withstood alot of adjustments and recession from the market. As its game of being a form of exchange gold is more recognised and Bitcoin. Some countries of the world hedge the value of their currency by acquiring gold bars for protection, as of this moment known as done such to Bitcoin. At anywhere in the world gold is easily tradable for cash that means it is more liquid that Bitcoin.
Winklevoss the co-founder of the Gemini crypto exchange gave this assertion a while back. The co-founder said, he believed strongly that bitcoin is beating gold at it game now. He tweeted on his twitter that “ Bitcoin is better at being gold and not merely by incrementally, but by an order of magnitude or even 10 times better” well, taking a look at the price of bitcoin which is 1 bitcoin in USD equals 33,862.20 and price of gold per kilo being 59,779.33 USD. What do you think about these two? Do you agree with this assertion as put forward by Winklevoss?

Maven Tiger

I totally agree with you that anything connected with the crypto world needs to be careful with. Sometimes the crypto world is the more you look the less you see. It will be of utmost importance that a proper analysis is carried out to determined some reports or predictions before indulging in it. I still believe in gold as an asset that one can have confidence of even in the future but it seems Bitcoin is overwhelming and almost taking over it position now
@Augusta Bitcoin as at now the undisputed cyrpto Gold or Digital Gold if I may say. Threading cautiously is important for all investment even after series of analysis to prevent loss of funds. No investment is risk free, the real estate investment that most feel is secured isn't risk free.
Having carefully studied the trend up until now bitcoin has a future, and this clearly explain why the government and big industries are investing big.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
@Wole.K I will advice you not to be in a haste to invest in bitcoin, without having the basic understanding of how it works. This is if you want to start investing or trading it. Just like any business that want to invest for the sake of profit making, you buy low to sell high whether long or short term. Same is applicable to Bitcoin, you can invest short term or buy hodl and then sell in the nearest future for profit.

Wole.K

These days everyone talk about bitcoin. I really want to invest on Bitcoin can someone tutor me please.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
No doubt bitcoin is doing great @Augusta. But investors shouldn't be carried away with talks without proper analysis made to inform other investors make informed decisions, especially the new and aspiring investors. A lot is happening right now in the crypto world with bitcoin leading, but a lot of uncertainties coupled with the volatile nature of the bitcoin I something to watch out for. I agree to some extent, but not in totality.
I totally agree with you that anything connected with the crypto world needs to be careful with. Sometimes the crypto world is the more you look the less you see. It will be of utmost importance that a proper analysis is carried out to determined some reports or predictions before indulging in it. I still believe in gold as an asset that one can have confidence of even in the future but it seems Bitcoin is overwhelming and almost taking over it position now

Joseph555

Honestly, I concur to this fact, just imagine someone like me with no surname having chances to trade on crypto but come to think of it in the case of gold, I will never have such opportunity, crypto reaches both the poorest of the poor and the richest, crypto in years to come will outclass so many businesses and income generating sources and not just gold, i make money while at home with no stress and insult and i believe with my non political background I will get low or no chances on gold as I do with crypto.

Maven Tiger

No doubt bitcoin is doing great @Augusta. But investors shouldn't be carried away with talks without proper analysis made to inform other investors make informed decisions, especially the new and aspiring investors. A lot is happening right now in the crypto world with bitcoin leading, but a lot of uncertainties coupled with the volatile nature of the bitcoin I something to watch out for. I agree to some extent, but not in totality.