Blue chip stocks for investment

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
One of the safest investment in stocks is the so called Blue Chip stocks which are shares of stocks of big companies. In our country, the examples of Blue Chip stocks are San Miguel which is the largest food corporation and BDO Universal Bank which is the biggest bank. When you buy a Blue Chip stock you cannot expect the price to go up instantly. It is very slow in movement because the value of the stocks is very stable. What you earn in profit is the dividends that the company gives out every year to the owners. A stockholder is an owner so you will receive a dividend if there is any.

Nova

I think blue chip shares have a lot of demand. And if you can get blue chip specific mutual fund. That would be even more better. It does increase your investment 10X risky and also good in the return. But I think blue chip stock also invite more volatility. You should be pretty much comfortable over a period of time which is something many people don't understand. Blue chip stock are pretty much long term stocks and people should treat them as such.

I have most of the time invested into the mid cap or mid range stocks because they carry medium risk and I invest small terms so it's better for me that way. Apart from that I think blue chip stocks are good.