Constructing a beach house for rental purposes

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
This topic is related to the message of my niece last week. She bought a beach front lot that she plans to build a vacation house. At this early we already got invited. The planned beach house is for private use only.

That got me thinking because normally a private beach house is empty most of the time. One beach caretaker told me that what some owners do is to rent their beach house when not in use. With a little computation of renting it out for 20 weekends in a year it can earn not only the maintenance but good money. If you own a beach house that you seldom use, would you agree to rent it out and pay the caretaker a commission?

Kingsley

Valued Contributor
This is very lucrative but I will still advise caution when one is putting such into considerations because there could be some sought of natural disasters which can affect the building because it is close to the beach. But otherwise it is is very welcomed investment plan that can really empower the investor over a very long time.

Mika

VIP Contributor
I live in a landlocked country, we do not have a sea. Living in a beach house, mainly a log cabin is my dream. However, I have not been able to travel to any countries where there is a sea. I think there is some sort of adventure in coastal life. If I ever travel to a country with a sea, I would definitely rent a beach house and stay for a week.

arunima25

Verified member
Oh! That's a lucrative business idea and many people are investing in that. Not only beach houses, a home amidst the natural beauty away from the hustle and bustle of life is worth that business. Many people have taken such homes in beautiful rural landscape and turned it into holiday homes.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
That's very lucrative and very thoughtful a business. People that love nature keep increasing every day by day, so it won't be surprising to hear that she makes her money in due time. And like some one suggested, she should try to prevent the property against natural disaster like heavy water wave and the likes.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Oh! That's a lucrative business idea and many people are investing in that. Not only beach houses, a home amidst the natural beauty away from the hustle and bustle of life is worth that business. Many people have taken such homes in beautiful rural landscape and turned it into holiday homes.
I have that dream of having a cabin in the mountain or forest to be near nature. But it is not a good idea if you do not have the proper connections in the place. When there are criminals your life may be in danger. That happened to a friend who bought a farm in the mountains. Criminals forcibly took his pickup truck and left him in the wilderness.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
Yes that's true....It can be very lucrative when done properly. I think beach houses are sought after by the rich people. They tend to look for houses close to the beach, which can be used for vacations or break from work. As sweet as it can sound, I think the business is a capital intensive one indeed!

arunima25

Verified member
Yes that's true....It can be very lucrative when done properly. I think beach houses are sought after by the rich people. They tend to look for houses close to the beach, which can be used for vacations or break from work. As sweet as it can sound, I think the business is a capital intensive one indeed!
This would be definitely a capital intensive one. The land prices is such prime location is as such too high. And then to have a house that is luxurious and fancy enough would be another money consuming area. And not to mention the cost of maintenance. One might take a long time to overcome the investments before the profit starts coming. It might not be quick and easy.