Do you think offline business owners can make ample of profits if covid19 stays longer??

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Its been more than one (1) year since covid19 existed here on earth. Since then, offline business is on the tolling cos of the heavy restriction posed on them by the world leaders. Its never easy at all for those businesses to cope up with covid19 threats. Some of them have shut down and unable to go on, cos of inadequate funds. While some are operating on a smaller unit from operating on a large unit. The global pandemic never affected online businesses the way it hampered offline. Those that are running their business online are progressing and making profit than those running restricted offline business initiative.

The question that will be running on some offline merchants now, what if the pandemic last for years will they still be making huge profits??

Do you think they will be making big returns like before, if the covid19 restrictions go on for years??

Haypril

There is clear evidence that people now makes a living through selling and buying online with their smart phones. However, offline businesses still boom in some locality due to the increase of cyber crime. I has similar question last year, which was left unanswered and led to my loss. Inspite of the pandemic, financial institution still make a huge profit. In summary, offline businesses will continue to boom If the pandemic last for more than it should.

Olajidey

Well, this period is a very difficult one for the business owner as the second wave of this convid is threatening but thanks for the vaccine about if the business owner can still make a profit or not, I guess most of them are strategizing as they are considering how to make the business get integrated to online business thou it still depend on the kind of business, nevertheless am sure corona will end and their business will strive again.

IamDozzy

With what happened during the lockdown I don't think that would be possible especially if they remain offline. A lot of business moved online during the Covid-19 pandemic and some are still moving online in order to meet up with the reality that the world has gone digital. Most business owners now work remotely just to stay safe and comply with government regulations.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Well, this period is a very difficult one for the business owner as the second wave of this convid is threatening but thanks for the vaccine about if the business owner can still make a profit or not, I guess most of them are strategizing as they are considering how to make the business get integrated to online business thou it still depend on the kind of business, nevertheless am sure corona will end and their business will strive again.
I pray that corona virus ends sooner so that those affected offline business can find their feet again. At the meantime their is nothing tangible going their way, things have turned from bad to worst since the second wave of covid19 started. They have completely locked down some businesses that pulls up crowed like the viewing centres, some sports events, tourism, hotels, film industries etc.

Rachael

Verified member
This can never be made possible. If the covid-19 pandemic restrictions or total lockdown had stayed ay longer, we would have mortality rate from hunger and not even from the pandemic. Even in one day when a country observes public holiday, do you know how much money or worth is been lost just for 24hours of workers observing breaks? The money that was lost during the pandemic put the world in a stand-still and even this moment, the world has not yet recovered from the shock. During the period, most offline businesses were shut down and there was nothing that could be done. Most products and perishables had expired and some business owners sold it at a discounted price just to get off more losses.

In my geographical setting, the economy was very disastrous and only those who sold food items, pharmacy stores were permitted to operate and coupled with all these, the prices of goods and services was on the high side. There is no way business owners offline would make ample profit when there is high level of inflation, this is because, even if they increase the prices of goods, it would still be detrimental to the success of the business.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Thank God that the total lock down didn't last far too longer than expected. Here in my country, it is now released, and everyone is going to their jobs and attending to business also. Covid19 isn't as effective as it used to be. Had it been it continued for long period of time, I don't see any reason why, offline business wouldn't shut down completely. Because, it will cause movement restriction, and when the movement is restricted, humans can't do buying and selling. Such is just devastating, when what you make money with offline is under jeopardy due to lockdown, it brings about hunger and frustration, and causing mortality rate.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah people were making money online with their business before the COVID peropd but they made more when the covid happened since there was the sit at home rule. I don't think people would have bother with online purchase like it was done if there was no sit at home. Because people would have still gone about their usual businesses with masks. But the sit at home really turn things otherwise and brought human sales for online sellers

So back to your questions, yes ifthe covid period was longer msybe come still now of course to hey will make more profit. profit comes when sales is made, so more sales more profit. So this simply means that as they were making more sales more profit will be made as well. So the profit will be higher.

This is to mean that business should always strive to make more sales as more sales will also make them to have more profit m

Kendy

Verified member
Well, from the rate of excessive inflation that was dominant during the time of the covid-19 pandemic, it is already crystal clear that business owners would not make ample profit if the lockdown order stays beyond limit. The world and the economic system was in a chaos and despite the partial lockdown or total lockdown that was lifted, the world was still finding it to resuscitate. The pandemic affected practically everyone and no matter how wealthy a person is, even with his money, he had no freedom to move as it pleases. If the pandemic order had stayed longer than it did, then the economy would have crumbled completely.

This pandemic had already been researched as something we would all live with, so the most important thing was just to put proactive measures in place and let citizens go about their normal businesses. This was also an eye-opener to authorities in the world that the position they hold is not just to be permanently after money but to always use a proactive approach in foreshadowing events rather than waiting until the deed is done, then they would make use of the reactive approach which must have already erupted the normal activities.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I don't know where you com from, what's the market in your country like, what kind of businesses are operating, and what kind of economy your country has, but in my home country, a lot of businesses are already recovering from the losses they made during the covid. Well, there are some businesses sectors that are yet to generate profits, for instance hotel business, clubs, entertainment hubs, recreational businesses, etc. However, these are exceptions. Most of the businesses are already yielding profits. For example, Covid or no covid, people need to eat foods, people deed clothes, people need necessary items, and these businesses are making a lot of money. IN fact some businesses were already making a lot of money even during the covid pandemic, for examples, hospitals and pharma companies made insane money during Covd crisis. In our country sale of devices like phone, computer, laptop, tabs, etc exponentially grew during the covid crisis. People were buying a lot of electronic items during the lockdown period. The share market was performing really well during covid because people had time to check the market and invest accordingly. None of the banks in lour country lost even a penny during the covid.