Does your country collect taxes from the small scale businesses??

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Every country have their way of collecting taxes to individuals, companies and businesses in their respective demographic. I respect every bit of their decisions concerning tax, cos they generate revenue income through it. It helps improve the economy when add up with other income generated. My country charges businesses that operates on a large scale, tax. But small scale or mini businesses doesn't contribute to the tax levy. They will only enroll into the tax payment if their business becomes a registered and licensed one under the federal or state government bureau. That will enable them to operate with confidence with no interruption from thugs that tries to halt their progress cos they are backed by the government. Government have insured them, and as such they are entitled to be covered by the government when thugs tries to put a stop to their business. The government fights for them to clear all lingering issues, to ensure they operate firmly.

Abu4exel

So long as you re a business man or woman, either on a small or large scale, you should know that you have to pay tax. That is why pay as you earn (paye) is being Introduced. Am sure the same thing apply to other countries too,where different tax systems is being introduced as well.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
It depends on the type of business for the small scale to be taxed by the government. Usually the market vendors here are not paying taxes because they are not required because their business is informal and small scale. But the kiosk in the mall is small scale and formal which means there is an official receipt issued to the customers therefore that business is subject to taxation. Generally all the market vendors pay a daily rental fee in the market but I don’t think it is given a receipt.