Foods that help improve the eyesight

Augusta

VIP Contributor
I feel we need to know the food we need to eat more that will help with our eye sight. This is because we that work online spend a lot of time on the screen. It is better to always give the eyes a boost to enable us continue to work with them perfectly well. What other way can we achieve this without the good old food.

Some foods contain the needed nutrients like vitamin E, Omega 3 fatty acid, zinc, niacin and lutein that the eyes needs to stay healthy. So you can consume the below foods in their right proportion to boost your eyesight. They are:
  • Eggs
  • Whole grains
  • Nuts
  • Citrus fruits and berries
  • Legumes
  • Sunflower seeds
  • Fish oil, black currant seed and flaxseed oil
  • Beef
  • Leafy greens
  • Fish
  • So there you have them, you need to be having at least 2-3 of these mentioned per week to improve your vision. What’s your thought on this?

Last edited:

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Pardon me for this comment but I don't believe such claims. First is the proof of the efficacy of such foods. It is like the common herbal treatment that says to prevent diseases. And if the person gets ill then they have a reason why the herb was not effective. In other words such claims of improving eyesight have no conclusive studies so I cannot just believe it.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Pardon me for this comment but I don't believe such claims. First is the proof of the efficacy of such foods. It is like the common herbal treatment that says to prevent diseases. And if the person gets ill then they have a reason why the herb was not effective. In other words such claims of improving eyesight have no conclusive studies so I cannot just believe it.
Mate is like you didn’t understand the post, this is about natural nutrients that you get from foods that can help you improve your eyesight. Google the nutrients that can help improve eyesight you would see vitamin C and E, zinc, omega fatty acids etc like I just listed there. What I did was to mention the foods you can get these nutrients from. So what’s your argument? Personally, as I read this I do take Vitamin C and E tablets as recommended by my doctor to aid my sight because of the number of hours I spend on the screen.

Mika

VIP Contributor
There is one simple rule to improve eyesight, eat green vegetables and eat yellow fruits and vegetables. Try making a list of vegetables that are green, for example, spinach, broccoli, cabbage, etc. Try making a list of vegetables and fruits yellow in color, for example, pumpkin, papaya, carrots, etc. You need Vitamin A for the eyes.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
Wow egg. Seriously I didn't know egg will be among all of the fruits that can help to improve the eyesight of an individual. it contains proteins and that is what the body needs all the time no doubt but I think for sight improvement it will require a lot of minerals about from the protein from the egg. which other minerals does egg have to offer to y body ?

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Wow egg. Seriously I didn't know egg will be among all of the fruits that can help to improve the eyesight of an individual. it contains proteins and that is what the body needs all the time no doubt but I think for sight improvement it will require a lot of minerals about from the protein from the egg. which other minerals does egg have to offer to y body ?
You need that foods come with different nutrients for the food so this is why it is always good to consume the good ones as they offers the body different benefits at a time. I have been eating 3-4 of these food to eight my sight as I spend good amount of time in the screen

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
You need that foods come with different nutrients for the food so this is why it is always good to consume the good ones as they offers the body different benefits at a time. I have been eating 3-4 of these food to eight my sight as I spend good amount of time in the screen
All of the list that is being mentioned above and only know of egg, beef and fish, I don't really know of others that he is talking about and I don't even also know if it is available in our location .because most of these fruits are not available in our location some are available in other continents of the world

Augusta

VIP Contributor
All of the list that is being mentioned above and only know of egg, beef and fish, I don't really know of others that he is talking about and I don't even also know if it is available in our location .because most of these fruits are not available in our location some are available in other continents of the world
That is why there are different food mentioned so that you should be able to find at 2 of them in any location to use. So if you find those three were you are then make do with them. They will still work effectively for you I believe. Just be take them consistently

Abigael

Valued Contributor
Since I was young and started learning, I have always put carrots as the number one good type to help the eyes stay healthy. I guess carrots were taught alot in my primary school. Then as I grew up I learnt about eggs, fish and green vegetables that also have nutrients that benefit the eyes.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
That is why there are different food mentioned so that you should be able to find at 2 of them in any location to use. So if you find those three were you are then make do with them. They will still work effectively for you I believe. Just be take them consistently
Yes I know that is true. I eat egg, I also eat meat and some fish is almost everyday but I don't always seems to observe any difference in my eyesight .sometimes it is better for you to try out almost all of them to see if it will be possible to observe any differences from any of those one that has been mentioned.it was possible I could have try the leafy greens.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The organ of the body that allows us to view things is called the eye . The eye is a very vital organ of the body because it allows us to view and admire things it also help us to know something that is done properly and something that is not done properly merely by viewing at it . A survey was done in a particular country where people and households will ask about what is one of their vital organ that they wish to never lose from your body . Majority of them set their eyes . So with this analysis our eyes is a very vital organ and it is everyone's responsibility to take care of his visual organ the eye .

Increasing in the type of nutrition we eat and consume can affect our eye positively . Health analyst and physicians have always think of their patients to consumer of vegetables because it is good for the eye . Vegetables like mushrooms , carrots , cucumber , and garden eggs are suitable when it comes to improving eyesight and eye visuality . it is advisable we eat vegetables like this as dessert after the original or main meal .

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah that is the whole essence of eating the listed foods. the eyes is one part of the body that need to be caref for like other parts of the body even a lot more. This is because without the eyes the body can't function properly. You need the eyes to even work and make money. Especially for us that work online and spend lot of our time on screen, we would need to eat food that will help keep the eyes healthy for us.

Eating fresh foods which be the watch word because this foods are really nutritional that will help build the body and boost a better eyesight. You might not have all those in your location, so just pick one or two that you can see in your location to be consumed regularly.

Ayeshabashir

Weak eyesight is now the common problem that we have seen in many people .Due to large screening time and lack of proper sleep ,mostly people suffer from this problem.So,it is very essential to pay heed on this if we want to work on mobile for a life time and want to see the natural beauty of the world without glasses because eye is the main part or most sensitive part of our body .
So,the food through which we can improve our weak eyesight are juices of fruits which contain vitamins C like guava, oranges.Especially grapes are very good for eye weakness.Besides this antioxidants proves very helpful for eyesight problems.And the vegetables that we should eat are carrots ,sweat potatoes and most important leafy green vegetables.
Not only this infact you should reduce your screening time and take proper sleep for reducing the eye weakness.
Dairy products also helps us a lot like milk and yogurt because the zinc or vitamin A which is present in them reduce your eyesight problems.
So ,we should drink 2 cup of milk in a day it makes your bones stronge also and provide your eye enough enough energy to do a lot of work

Augusta

VIP Contributor
You just stated my submissions here. This topic will really be helpful for everyone working on this forum and other forums since we spend a lot of time on here to make money via typing. This might make us strain the eye or even have red eyes through looking at the screen for a long time. So the best bet will be eating food that are nutritious enough to help the eyes.

Working become very possible when the eyes are functional and work just the way it should. like they say you are what you eat, having a good eyesight also depends on the kind of food we eat. This is why it is good to know those foods that are great for eyesight so that we can incorporate them into your daily diet.Making money is sweet and one needs to keep the eye functional to make the money as it should.