Healthy Feeding Habits

Phronesis

Feeding habits are your everyday pattern of eating. Some are developed when you're still young, others develop from factors in your current lifestyle.

*Eat a variety of foods. Eat from all food group *Balance the food you eat with physical activity *Always eat three balanced meals everyday *Choose nitrous foods in a conscious way *Choose diet with plenty of grain products, vegetables and fruits *Choose a diet that is low in saturated fat and cholesterol *Choose a diet that is moderate in sugar *Choose a diet that is moderate in salt and sodium * Sit upright at the dining table but do not allow your body to touch the table * Always wash your hands before and after meals *Do not hurry over meals or eat too quickly. *Eat slowly, Chew your food properly *Do not talk with food in your mouth *Avoid picking your teeth with your fingernails * Do not stretch your hand over someone's food in order to reach for salt, water, etc *Do not take food directly from the serving dish into your mouth, except with traditional service.

Kapazität

Thanks for the tips.
As simple the thread is, it's importance can not be overemphasized. What we eat really affects our growth, development and health.
Take for example,
Children in their growing age(9-17yrs) ought to take foods that are rich in minerals (calcium etc), protein and vitamins.

Although some factors may influence our feeding habits, let us see the need to feed right.

KIP254

Yeah being a vegetarian means a lot to human life but what you have to do is avoid fat and oils if possible use natural oils. Always eat a balanced diet plus lot of fruits and water. Avoid junk foods and prefer natural foods which don't have chemicals in it or any preservatives.

rightminds

It is good for everyone to have a heathy eating habit. Some people don't about their feeding lifestyle they you feed on anything, anyhow and at anytime. Recently I was reading on the benefit derived from fruits in an empty stomach. According to the physician, the health benefit is so great that it can cure a cancer. He explained the detrimental effect if eating fruit after meal which I also considered as a very good point though majority don't take cognisance of this. Many people with pot belly out of their ignorance assume that they got the belley either by hereditary or as a result of some medical issue in their body but recently I found out that majority of people with pot belly both male and female got it as a result of their bad eating habit. If you're found of eating very late at night or you like eating junks a lot you're likely susceptible to having a pot belly. There are many of these fact that I just discovered and made to change my eating habit. Many people have greatly contributed to their deteriorating health as a result of their poor eating habit.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
Health is said to be wealth and there couldn't have been any more Truth. When you take good care of yourself, you are sure of living a healthy and happy lifestyle without spending much part of your earnings moving from one hospital to another seeking solutions to our health issues.

Healthy feeding habits is the best. Just make sure you do not consume junks. Food is just like your medicine.
Make sure you wash your hands before and after every meal, this would be important to avoid taking in germs and so many other things that would lose harm to you.

Do not eat food in restaurants that the environment is not clean and also the people working there. Make sure they are people who are neat.

Dreamer96

Feeding habits are your everyday pattern of eating. Some are developed when you're still young, others develop from factors in your current lifestyle.

*Eat a variety of foods. Eat from all food group *Balance the food you eat with physical activity *Always eat three balanced meals everyday *Choose nitrous foods in a conscious way *Choose diet with plenty of grain products, vegetables and fruits *Choose a diet that is low in saturated fat and cholesterol *Choose a diet that is moderate in sugar *Choose a diet that is moderate in salt and sodium * Sit upright at the dining table but do not allow your body to touch the table * Always wash your hands before and after meals *Do not hurry over meals or eat too quickly. *Eat slowly, Chew your food properly *Do not talk with food in your mouth *Avoid picking your teeth with your fingernails * Do not stretch your hand over someone's food in order to reach for salt, water, etc *Do not take food directly from the serving dish into your mouth, except with traditional service.
All these habits are better said than done. A situation where u don't have direct money from your pocket to buy balanced diet food, you have to eat what is provided by all means. And the issue of table habits, they are good manners, especially the sitting upright, but the rest are just like the balanced diet. It won't be effective in most people lifes

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor

Wow thank you for this information you shared because this will actually help me alot,it has enlighten me in some of the eating guidelines I need to follow. This is for our own good. Personally I heard a situation of people stretching their hands across someone's foods to pick up something on the other side. that is not always the best at all.

Empress

Verified member
All the tips are the best way to eat healthy as long as we eat regularly that we did not delay or skip foods and we also make sure that we eat balanced diet daily and avoid foods high in calories which can lead to being obese or being overweight

Zina

We should always eat a balanced diet and eat at the right time as well