How do you deal with your emotions?

@JoeSeki I totally agree that making rational decisions can help control our emotions upto certain level.
But being humans we are not able to control them all the time. So I personally prefer reading books related to trading psychology like “Trading in Zone” by Mark Douglas, practicing Yoga and meditation for keeping the mind calm and focused.

@JoeSeki I totally agree that making rational decisions can help control our emotions upto certain level.
But being humans we are not able to control them all the time. So I personally prefer reading books related to trading psychology like “Trading in Zone” by Mark Douglas, practicing Yoga and meditation for keeping the mind calm and focused.
I totally agree! Traders should have a good trading psychology. Excessive emotions whether it’s excitement, frustration, fear or anything only leads to significant losses if a trader doesn’t know how to control them.

I totally agree! Traders should have a good trading psychology. Excessive emotions whether it’s excitement, frustration, fear or anything only leads to significant losses if a trader doesn’t know how to control them.
Agreed! Traders should keep their personal and trading life in balance and avoid trading more than they could afford to lose. This will help traders to regulate their emotions while making trading decisions.

All traders take a different approach to emotions. To avoid their influence on your trading decisions, design a trading strategy based on your needs and market expertise. Also, set up stop losses and T/P order so you know when to enter and exit a trade.

It is important to have balanced emotions while trading. Psychological factors can affect you so much that you are more likely to make the wrong trading decisions.
Discipline and well calculated trade can help in reducing the emotional factor.
I completely agree with your ‘discipline and ‘well calculated trade’ part. A trader has to remain disciplined while trading, which can be a bit hard for new traders, so they should follow your ‘well calculated trade’ point. New traders should only trade as much as they could afford to lose.

Emotions have no place in trading, so if you are unable to control your emotions, then do the following:

1. Don’t look at your profit and loss while trading
2. Don’t trade after 3 consecutive wins or losses
3. Find out the most suitable time for trading when the market is least volatile