how does being truthful and honest assist you in your dealings with your boss or employer.

TOZZIBLINKZ

VIP Contributor
The quality of truthfulness and honesty goes hand-in-hand with each other , and an individual that is considered to be truthful is also considered to be honest . So in a business organisation what happens when an employee is truthful and honest in various business dealings and doings , the peaceful coexistence of the business environment will be free and flowing as a result of the employees being truthful and honest . They will also be no form of arguments or not form of bickering among employers or among the employees because each one of them takes the initiative among their selves to show truthfulness and honesty to one another .

Self-respect and also respect from others as well as prestige and reputation tend to develop as a result of you being a honest and truthful business employee . An employee who is considered to be honest and truthful will always be favorable to his employers heart , and will more likely be chosen to handle some of the tasks and duties that should have been performed by his or her employer because the employer trust in him for being honest and truthful . also in any situation where negative allegations are laid against you , other employees including your employer could stand as witnesses and supporters for you because they know that you practice the quality of truthfulness and honesty .

Bard Racheal

On a normal note, truthfulness and sincerity must go in handy in a job of which you're being employed.

If you find the work challenging.
Try to make your employer confide in you.

Employers do scan there employees on a daily,how they work,how much they stutter when they are being asked a question, which a lie can easily be detected;and he or she as an employer will suddenly lose trust in you.

If you try to make your employer know how you're always up an doing,even when it comes to matters arising in that company, you won't falter, you'll just nail the truth as it all happened.
Though,most of your fellow employees will surely get mad at your fast forwardness and overly righteous so to speak.

This truthfulness to your boss,is also a matter that brings about the rest of the staffs in that company to always pick at you,and conjure in there different point, laying in ambush for you.

But,if you know you're doing the right thing,and your boss too has noticed this time without number,how unique you are; nothing of their plots will ever work against you.

This truthfulness also enhances the speedy promotion of an employee.

Your employer will be delighted in you,he or she will confide in you,to the extent of lifting you to higher position, because you deserve to be promoted.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
The advantages of being a truthful and honest person in you place of work can never be over emphasized, because it is a quality that would give you an edge over a lot of people especially if you are living in a country that is filled with corrupt people who are always looking out for their selfish ambitions .

This is a major reason why we have to try as possible to make sure that we are not one of those employees who would rather not respect themselves, but continuously do things which would make them to lose the respect they have in their place of work .

If you are known for being honest in your place of work , it will be very easy for people to relate with you because they know that you are always somebody that is authentic in whatever you are doing and there is actually no need hiding anything .

People who are dishonest in business are usually not going to be trusted with any thing that is going to bring progress to the organization, because it's obvious that they will only do what will enable them meet their selfish desires and goals in all situations.

Oyinofficial

The employer needs to know if he or she can trust the employee before even bothering to have her as her staff or something so honesty is one of the best attributes of being an employee,we understand that people can't always be the same but we really need to consider honesty so if you really need a job you need to be truthful your boss needs to know that he or she can trust you with his or her store or company.it helps you as an employee have a stand in the company when you talk they listen to you because they trust your judgement ,it helps your boss have confidence in you,you and your boss even get a closer relationship with that so honesty is always the best

Rachael

Verified member
In any role description or job I find myself, there is one thing I do not joke with and that is, honesty. I like to be straight-forward no matter the consequences it would bring. It is saddening that most employers do not want to relate with honest employees, which make many of them start to engage in eye-service just to please the employer and also to safeguard their job. The last teaching job which I encountered that at times, being honest can cost you a whole lot but that does not mean it should be declined. I had opted to combine my job with an academic program because I needed to upgrade myself and also, the employer had always made reference to us augmenting our expertise.

After I had made my intentions known, and opted for two-days off and I even promised that it did not affect the days of my teaching period, I even went further to accept that my pay should be slashed for those two days but he bluntly refused and said that I never signed up to teach on part-time before and said that, "I cannot eat my cake and have it." This shows that at times, employees are forced to be dishonest because of employers attitude.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
The point is that a lot of employers are always looking straight forward on how to employ someone that is truthful and honest because they just believe that is the needed person that can help them and also help in the progress of the business .

well nowadays it might be very difficult for you to see someone that is hundred percent trusted except you are just lucky.

If I have to establish a business and I don't see someone I am satisfied , I have to make sure that everything concerning the business is digitalized to a point that no transaction can be carried out without having a record in the system so i can monitor to and make sure I am not being cheated on.

All business owner and employers are always looking forward on how they always try as much as possible to avoid dishonest people because these are the people that are not trusted and because of this they might even be a danger to your business because they are likely to bring down most business organisation if proper care and morning train is not applied.

When you are trusted and honest all employers will always like to choose you .

Augusta

VIP Contributor
There's no better way to increase your reputation and integrity than making people know that you are are honest and truthful. Even as an individual you wouldn't want to work with a friend that isn't truthful. you would have trust issues with the person and care isn't taken such friendship wouldn't last.

Being a dishonest person as an employee means that your days are numbered in the company or organization and no one would want to keep such caliber of people in any sensitive position.

So being honest and truthful in a place is very important as you can even be defended if anything criminal comes up people would be able to stand their grounds that it can't just be you. But if they know that you are a dishonest person no one will want to defend one as one has always be noted to be a dishonest person.

Being a dishonest person will limit ones growth in a place of work.. Even to be promoted would be a huge problem as no one would want to put a person with a questionable character in a place of authority. I don't think one will gain anything from being dishonest at work so it is better to live rightly.

Richee84

As an employee anywhere there are some certain feature or characters that we must have as individual. This characters will not only make to excel in our work place but it can also make us to bigger opportunity elsewhere.
Good character in the place of work will speak good volume of that' person and such person will be a valuable asset to the employer.
Workers with very good character are those that the management will trust must and place them in key strategic place in the company. The management will have confident in them that they will not compromise in the area of their duty.
Once there is trust between an employer and employees, the employer will know that his or her business is in good hands and the future will be bright for such business.
But on the other Hand if an employer hire a person with questionable character, it will be difficult to trust such kind of employee. It will be difficult to hand over or put such kind of person in a key position in the company.
Worker with questionable character will rather cost damage to the company than giving the company a good name to sell it product or services.

King bell

VIP Contributor
Many people use a number of tactics to try and get what they want at work. Some are smart, others less so, but no one ever gets that thing they want through being dishonest. When you speak the truth and can back it up with evidence or facts, you will gain respect from your boss and be seen by them as someone who is reliable and trustworthy. This makes it easier for you to accomplish the things that matter most in your career. It's also the best way to support your teammates if one of them needs help with a project or has questions about something in their field of work. Be honest and you will find that you get better work done, not that it is easier for you to accomplish the things that matter most in your career. Being honest and truthful is an art that can be learned, but it's an art nonetheless.
Without honesty in business, people will feel like they are being ripped off every day that they work and this can cause them to start looking for another job or more work if no other opportunities present themselves. These days it appears there is always a way for businesses to get away with things "behind their backs", so doing the right thing isn't always popular when it comes to business.