What does being fired from your workplace feel like?

Haibso2003

People leave their workplace is everyday for good either ceremoniously or otherwise, in most case unceremoniously die to reasons that could be their fault or otherwise. People get sack letters unexpectedly from their bosses all over the world. I have never been sacked from my work place but I have seen my colleagues been sacked from the workplace and from the facial expressions and tantrums the throw before stomping out of the workplace is enough to conclude that been sacked isn't something very pleasant on the part of the employer and sometimes on the part of the employer too. Has anyone of you been sacked ? How does it really feel? If you could go back in time will you still want your old job back?

Rachael

Verified member
Actually, I have encountered many situations where a worker or workers have been fired or dismissed from work. I have never been fired from work, despite the unconducive environment I have worked. I am a very calculative person, when I am demotivated or dissatisfied, I retrace my steps gradually and resign even before I am being fired. I cannot easily forget the encounter I had few months ago when I offered undiluted services in the school, for close to 8weeks of working, I was not paid and no administrative personnel had requested for my details but every now and then, I was pressured to make lesson note for even weeks that was still far away.

I had to politely ask the owner of the school for my pay and she was out there trying to defend herself and went as far as saying that I am only after money and not the job. Right then, I knew that I cannot cope in such environment, which the management would want to milk out every knowledge from me and refuses to pay me my wages. They lack the insight of what motivation is and I wonder why they ask students to pay school fees instead of running a charity school.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
it cant just be easy for anyone, this simply means that you are or you have lose your source of income which means your source of survival as been limited. I can't just emphasize the benefits that comes with having one source of income. Apart from enjoying the good things life have to offer as you can buy what you can especially if your earning is high but you can't have the same luxury with job lost.

Job lost can be devastating and some people have even pass on because of job loss. like me I know I can really feel terrible just by being ban from an online earning site so you can imagine with job loss that maybe one was earning 6 figures, it won't even be easy.

Job lost isn't what should happen to anyone because it comes with frustration, depression, suicide thoughts and other bad energies. This is why I believe employers should always show empathy to employees. Those not performing should be trained and retrained to meet up with the standard of today's world rather than just thinking of sacking you don't know how many mouth was depending on the income of the person you just sacked. it can be chance reaction.

Jasz

VIP Contributor
Being fired from your workplace can feel like a total betrayal, especially if you've been working hard and putting in long hours. You might feel confused, or like you're in denial, and you might not have any idea what to do next.

You might be worried about telling your friends or family that you've been fired and how they'll react. You might even feel embarrassed or ashamed, as if it's your fault. It's important to remember that it's not your fault! Being fired doesn't mean you're a bad person or that you did something wrong; it just means that your boss thought they could afford to see you go.

Right now, it's important to take care of yourself. If possible, lean on your support system for help with finances and other matters until you figure out what comes next for you. Take some time for yourself—enjoy nature, spend time with friends, get some sleep—and remember: there are plenty more fish in the sea! Soon enough, another job will come along that's perfect for you!

Kendy

Verified member
It is not always the pleasure of anyone to be fired from his workplace even before he realises that he might have overstayed his welcome. There are some organisations that are bent on dismissing the services of their workers and most especially, if the worker is an open-minded person who does not like discrimination or infringing on the rights of people. Most employers of these days do not want their employees to be creative, stand out or to bring up the opinions whatsoever. They prefer them to remain quiet and always nod in affirmation whether the terms and condition is favouring to them or not.

This has made many employees to be dormant in their job duties because of lack of creativity and innovative ideas and this in turn would affect the productivity of the work which might lead to the termination of appointment. I have never been fired from my job because I'm always conscious of my environment, even before a decision is taken, I have already taken two steps ahead of them but if it happens to be the case, you just have to take it as part of life and also see that whichever company that fired you is not worth your value.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Your last sentences is very true and people need to know about this that life will always happen, that is just the truth anything can happen at any time whether be a job lost or not. you should always be prepared like you have rightly stated.

The signs are always there lot of times what happened to us all the bad things that comes to us must have presented its signs and we refused to see them but all the same, once you have a job lost it shouldn't be the end of the world for you even if that was the best job or your dream job or whatever you should know they are always better things ahead that is why it is always good to have a positive mindset that life can throw you anything, but the bility to stand up and be that thing you've always wanted to be is what will make the difference.

SensationalEd

Feels like hell should open up and swallow you instead..
Losing a job is not always going to feel good especially if you really did love it.
Losing a job one loved so much and worked hard for it should cause depression. But what do can we do? We learn to move onto the next available job that comes.

nolanlimlawfirm

Being dismissed for an illegal reason, such as violating federal anti-discrimination legislation or breaching a contract, is known as being wrongfully terminated. An employee, for example, cannot be fired because of her colour, gender, ethnicity, religion, or disability. It's also against the law to fire an employee for filing a legal complaint against the company or for reporting the employer's wrongdoing as a whistleblower. Such actions are considered "retaliation" and are therefore illegal.
The Wrongful Termination section of FindLaw discusses what "at-will" employment means, how to tell if you have an implied employment contract, what constitutes wrongful termination, and how to bring a lawsuit against an employer.