Earn Money How long it takes to make money on YouTube?

kayode10

VIP Contributor
YouTube is one of the largest search engine on the internet. There are videos virtually on every subject matter.

Most newbies usually find YouTube convenient to learn about new skill or a subject.

I remember when I want to first learning how to build a website. I did some data subscription and I launch YouTube on my computer system watch series of videos on how to build website.

The same thing happens when I want to learn about blogging. I spent some days watching different videos on blogging case studies and I learnt a lot in this way.

I am planning to venture into creating YouTube channel and make money with it. So I want to ask that how long it takes to make money on YouTube?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
the amount of money you make on YouTube depends on your level of consistency and effort and probably knowledge and understanding of how some certain analytics works on YouTube. if you really want to succeed on YouTube then you should have knowledge of search engine optimisation. You should also know how to create quality videos. If everything in place then atmost, 6 months.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@Chibson I have already done the procurement of necessary gear to start making quality videos for my YouTube channel. But this is the first time I am going to hear that YouTube also have search engine optimisation. If that is the case I will have to find a place to learn about it so as to harness its power.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
@Chibson I have already done the procurement of necessary gear to start making quality videos for my YouTube channel. But this is the first time I am going to hear that YouTube also have search engine optimisation. If that is the case I will have to find a place to learn about it so as to harness its power.
definitely you can capitalise on that to have your videos to rank on Google. I don't know if you have searched on Google before and you saw some YouTube videos there. That is exactly what I'm talking about. having this knowledge of search engine optimisation will make you to get a hold of traffic from Google.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
Well another thing that comes to my mind is that since there is search engine optimisation for YouTube channel there should be some software to do the keyword research in order to come up with less competitive keyword for the videos. I normally use the lack of long tail pro to do keyword research for blogs

tawsifsami

YouTube is one of the largest search engine on the internet. There are videos virtually on every subject matter.

Most newbies usually find YouTube convenient to learn about new skill or a subject.

I remember when I want to first learning how to build a website. I did some data subscription and I launch YouTube on my computer system watch series of videos on how to build website.

The same thing happens when I want to learn about blogging. I spent some days watching different videos on blogging case studies and I learnt a lot in this way.

I am planning to venture into creating YouTube channel and make money with it. So I want to ask that how long it takes to make money on YouTube?
It all depends on how you go about your channel

MOSIUR

You need to obtain initially 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch hour views. You have to be careful of any strike coming from the authority officially. You should not send any spam links or watch your own videos again and again to avoid strikes. Then you will apply for monetization and if everything is OK, monetization becomes successful even by three days (there is a record). After that, earning will be running.

RichardN

Making money from youtube requires lots of patience , continue working and strategy. And the main point is content. The must difficult part of youtube journey is bring out 1k sub and 4k hours watch time . And the later on monetization. Well to be honest there isn’t any limit time how long gonna it take to make money from youtube. maybe one month ,six month ,1 year or even six month who knows?

Nowdays There are also few ways to grow up on youtube quickly like run ads of your contain or promote your youtube channels .
YouTube depends on how big a potential audience for your content, how well your market your channel to that audience, how appealing your content is to that audience, how many competitors you have for that audience, and what you do to distinguish your channel from your competitors (through your writing, your insights, your content curation, your personality, etc.).

Some people make money from YouTube very quickly because they already have a big fan following from their other activities. Others take months or years to build an audience large enough to monetize. Many never make money from their YouTube channel because they are just one unremarkable drop in a very big ocean of content.

just remember content is very important and the strategy you used to grow up

kayode10

VIP Contributor
@MOSIUR your comment is full of correct information. With what you said I think I am going to create about 200 videos in order to achieve 1000 view session if it happens that each of them cost about four or five minutes. I was even told that I need to encourage people to like and subscribe to my channel in order to increase my subscribers.

Mika

VIP Contributor
It all depends on how fast you can build subscriptions and watch time because you can monetize only when you pass their monetization threshold of 1000 subscribers and 4000 hours of watch time. If you manage to build a large following, you can earn money pretty quickly. But your subscribers need to be genuine.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
YouTube is indeed a very good platform to learn alot. I also go there whenever I want to learn any skill. Some people in my country call YouTube a free university. Creating your own channel there would also be a really good way to earn. You will need to get 1000 subscribers and 4000 watch time hours for your views. That requires so much effort and skill.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
You must be ready to go extra mile if you want to make money with your YouTube channel because you are yes you can authority in your niche. You must be ready to post meaningful and index videos consistently in your niche if you want to to gain organic traffic for your YouTube channels. I have seen someone who has 1000 subscribers in less than three weeks.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
What you have to do is to make sure that you have reached the requirement of YouTube as a guideline rules for people who are really interested to monetize their YouTube videos. There is a certain limits of views that you need to have and subscribers that you also need to have before you can monetize your YouTube channel .it is quite possible to do it within a short period of time.

AfriPeeps Official

So sincerely I can't really say how much time it takes for you to start making money from your YouTube channel but one thing sure is that you need up to like 4000 hours of watch time within a year before ads can be served on your YouTube channel and start earning from the YouTube channel.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
There are some people who managed to make money on their first 45 days on YouTube. But the most important thing is to have knowledge about YouTube search engine optimisation. You must be able to identify little competitive niche and keyword so as to receive traffic faster on your channel.