How much money is enough for entertainment.

CALVINDOL

VIP Contributor
Sometimes majority of people who spend a lot of money on entertainment stuff or on fun stuffs do not do it tensionally e but rather intentionally . What does on the other hand tentionally is spend money on entertainment stuffs a lot possibly because they have the money to spend in abundance , but for the purpose of this thread I will be discussing about why it is necessary that we do not spend a lot of money on entertainment activities and practice and why it is very beneficial that an individual set aside a specific amount of money to spend on entertainment activities and making sure to stick to it . We must endeavour to understand that entertainment sometimes could be very addictive and as I have already mentioned above some people do not purposefully spend money on entertainment activities , so in order to make sure that we do not exceed the amount of money that we spend on entertainment activities we must indeed prepare a budget .

In majority of my thread and comments posted earlier I have always emphasize why it is very important that an individual who possibly could be a business owner or a private individual fending for him or herself alone should always have a budget . By definition a budget is a list of activities all goods and services that a particular individual will absolutely need for a particular time in a particular day . Finally we must understand that it is a different thing for us to understand what a budget is and know how to prepare a budget and also it is another thing for us to stick to our budget .

sincerem

VIP Contributor
I don't have a specific daily, weekly, monthly budget for entertainment. I go for entertainment when I feel the need to enjoy my time. I don't spend money carelessly just for the urge of pleasing my wants. I have miscellaneous funds, and it covers for my fun time, and it doesn't come all the time, because I am not financial buoyant. I can't spend more than I earn to avoid crumbing for life, I love capping my spending on entertainment around 10% of my monthly earnings since I have other things I spend money for.

Life is worth the enjoyment, their is no way you can work all through your life without taking yourself out with friends and sharing some good time, drink what you feel good at. But remember, to spend within your limit. If I have more funds in the future, I'll enjoy better entertainment and not now.

Ekta

One cannot calculate entertainment. If you earn more you will spend more there is no limit to entertainment. Yes, you can set your own boundaries, but you can't say that a certain amount is enough or specific amusement is enough. Everyone has their way to enjoy life some enjoyment can cost you a huge sum of money while some enjoyment can cost you nothing. The amount of money required to have entertainment varies from person to person and their choice or meaning of entertainment.

Suba

Staff member
When I manage my personal finances, entertainment costs have been listed, of course I will determine the amount based on my monthly income. Planning for entertainment is important to maintain a balance so that life is not monotonous such as year-end holidays, watching movies, concerts, ballet or just hanging out at a cafe with friends. Of course it's not about fancy entertainment, or watching ballet in VIP class, so I won't be wasting my money on something I don't need. So you also have to be able to choose the type of entertainment that suits your financial condition, so it won't interfere with your monthly expenses. and I suggest making an entertainment budget of no more than 15% of your income.

E

eldavis

First and foremost, I think what you consider as entertainment should be looked into first, each and everyone of us have different things we consider as entertainment, there are some that might be costly while others might have minimal cost. one thing about entertainment is that one can easily be carried away by it, hence spending more than what you might have actually planned for. Most persons spend a lot of money going to the cinema just to watch a movie, when they can actually spend less downloading the movie themselves and watching it with popcorn and a bottle of coke.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Entertainment's is very important when it comes to having a good time after the day job so no amount is too big or too small to get oneself entertained but it's just that our resources is never enough so this

This means that we still have to curtail the money to be spent so I will advocate that at least 20% of one income should go to entertainment the thing is that entertainment is very important to the body when you unwind you are trying to refresh the body and when you refresh the body you will act better.

The truth is that no amount of money should make us not to get ourselves entertain so the bottom line is that get yourself entertained get all the determining if you can get but spend wisely money was meant to be spent but the only thing is that you shouldn't overspend especially when it comes to entertaining yourself.

Heartstrings

There is no specific amount of money for entertainment, because your source of income may increase as time goes on or let me say enough profit for you,if you are a business person. Just set aside a budget for entertainment,some people go ahead to lavish huge amount of money just for entertainment and to my observation,bachelors are those doing this the most. Why because they have no wife or children to care for in aspect of their studies or save for their future. No matter how little your source of income is,try to set little aside for entertainment, atleast refresh the body and soul sometimes to relieve it from the days stress. On a second thought,never spend most of your income for entertainment because there are some you can do in the comfort of your home while you save that money for something far more important. Overall is, unwind yourself from stress when ever you are opportuned.

cmoneyspinner

Every business should have a budget; and there should be a line in the budget for how much money will be spent on entertainment. In USA, many business expenses have tax advantages. But even though your company might be able to get a tax break, it's just good business sense to figure out how much you can afford for entertainment. Overspending in any category of business expenses is not a sound business practice.

AdFlex

You can not assign a specific amount of money to entertainment. We all need to entertain ourselves with games, sports, shows, arts, etc. So, you can spend an unlimited amount of money just for the sake of entertainment. The thing is, one must not spend money on entertainment that is in the form of gambling. In my opinion, this is the only way we should not spend our money.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
Nowadays everything depends on your budget because you shouldn't be spending money unnecessarily when you don't have a budget on what you have to spend those money on . A budget will help you spend your money calculatively than to spend recklessly without achieving anything tangible at the end .

There is no actual amount of money that can be set aside for entertainment purpose , it all depends on the amount of money you are willing to set aside for this purpose personally for yourself .

So many people can sets aside ups to $1000 for entertainment and some people saves less depending on their salary and also depending on what they are interested . .

The most important thing that is required of you is just proper planning to ensure that money are spend according and that you do not over spend money on certain things more than necessary.