How To Deal With Being Criticised At Work?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Being criticised at the work is one of the most common things for many people in the world. When you work at any kind of organisation you have to face criticism from bosses and many co-worker also criticise you for your performance as well. This could leave a really huge impact on many people especially those who are starting their career. The fact remains that it is really hard to handle such kind of Criticism in the best manner. I also used to work for a company and in that specific company, employees and other seniors use to criticise employees a lot. They use to threaten their employees.

They always stated that they would fire them if they do not perform well. It was a customer service care centre and a telemarketing company. We had to face a lots of problems in that company and this is why many people use to leave the job quite earlier during their early day after joining the company. However, it is quite understandable that not all the people could resign from the job. So in case if you are stuck in such kind of condition, then what could you do in order to handle criticism and pressure at the work. What are some of the best tips you could offer?

moonchild

VIP Contributor
Criticism is normal here and there, but if you are constantly being nagged at, then it is high time to do something about it, you can quit your job and get another one, or improve your work, workplaces have different cultures and some workplaces are just naturally hostile and may not be the best to work in for your own mental health.

You should be able to discern in two weeks at best after resuming work and start making your moves from there, I see no reason why someone just because they are a boss will criticising one's efforts if the said individual is putting in work.

Personally, I will always advise starting a business, it allows you to control your life, no one tell you sh*t and you get to call the shots, even though it is more tasking but once you gain experience it will be way better than wearing a tie and obeying other people's order like a sheep.