How to deal with fake credit transfer alerts.

Etini

Valued Contributor
The World is going cashless and payments are being made today with bank transfers to the accounts of business people. The sad thing is that fraudsters have taken advantage of this innovation to defraud business people of their products. They would claim that they want to pay through a bank transfer and they would generate a fake credit alert to your phone and a fake debit alert on their phone. It can be really painful to be defrauded in such a way and manner.

How do you detect fake credit transfer alerts? The first piece of advice I would give is that everyone should link their bank accounts with their email and activate email alerts as well as SMS alerts. When you receive a credit alert, log in to your email address to confirm the transaction. If you are not notified by email too, it is likely to be a fake transfer.

Also if the SMS credit alert doesn't indicate your account balance, it is obviously a fake alert. We have to be vigilant as business people.

Heartstrings

Thanks for the this information,I do hear of such but I have never experienced it,it makes me wonder how far some people can go, just to defraud another,this is pure wickedness and such person is heartless.

There was a time I saw this same complain on nairaland forum,I felt pity for the person immediately,,how can you buy something from someone and at the end of the business deal you send fake alert. I think those people that has this experience should start requesting for a cash, (on any little transaction) to be on a safe side.

It was that same nairaland forum I saw someone explaining how to create a fake alert, this is inhuman and unacceptable. When it comes to business,no one would be happy to lose some money, because that same money it's what you will use to get more good or save up till when it's needed. It's time we all sit up and not let fraudsters deceive us.