Business Ideas how do you deal with fake reviews

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
When I am looking for a product to buy online I always check on the reviews. But I am looking for is not the positive review because it can be fake. When I find a negative review that's what I ponder on. More likely it is true especially in saying that the product is fake or defective.

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
What is the problem with fake reviews if fake reviews are helping you to sell your products? Let say you are selling product, and you get 100 positive reviews that are all fake, and if the reviews are encouraging people to buy your product, I do not see why you should be worried about fake review.

Mika

VIP Contributor
If the reviews are published on your website and if the reviews are fake or hateful, you can just delete, no big deal. However, if someone tries to publish fake reviews on platforms like Google Business or Trust Pilot, this might be quite damaging to your business. The only way to deal with this is to work hard and built trust.

Abigael

Valued Contributor
That is so bad for such kind of competition. Writing bad reviews for another company in the name of competing is not good at all. I think the best thing for a business to do is to publicly declare what is going on. I am sure communicating the issue well and assuring customers that what was said is not true will work well.

Setho

VIP Contributor
As paying customers, we know just how much we feel bad if your company is going treating us bad all their services are not good. That is the same way good businesses feel if they are being given bad reviews. As a business owner the best thing you can do is to constantly drop moves that the business is legit.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
In Trendri - I will not approve such review and if system mistakenly approve it, creator will receive good warning and may be banned if he/she continue do post fake reviews. Such reviews are paid reviews by program owners to spread fake support. If someone comment on such reviews to gain reward, instead of reporting, I'll surely delete it and may send warning if his/her comment become pro-spam.

Outside Trendri - I'll report it.

Chibson

VIP Contributor
This is one thing I noticed lately. there are a lot of unscrupulous companies that pays people some amount of money to give the fake reviews. One thing with me is that I always detect if a review is is fake or not from the kind of praise the product may be getting. if they are a mixture of bad reviews and good reviews then I will compare and contrast before I will decide if it is real or not.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
A third way to deal with fake reviews is to ask the members of a review website to register with a valid phone number. This way, it will be easier for the review website to stop people from registering using a VPN and it will greatly filter out fake reviews because a person will not be able to create more than one account just to post fake reviews on a review website. I am sure there are several other ways to deal with fake reviews.

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
think one major thing and factor that affect the development of most promising business is fake reviews, because some business are always at that point of expansion but competitors that are not qualified or could not meet up with the business potential would go up on different media and create fake accounts just to blackmail the growing business and make sure the business face a downturn at the end , this have been a big issue for many as they are looking for means to develop their business they start facing tough scenerio like this , i have also once see such thing like that the producer could not do anything because the fake review was too much and was affecting his business poorly , so he just have to close the business instead to lower the loss that he would make , so what method do you consider to stop it or how do you deal with it

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Fske reviews is quite bad and the earlier we all realize this the better for everyone. Nobody should make people pay for bad products because of their selfish wants. People will just be paid to write fake positive reviews and be paid peanuts while the business owner keep enriching themselves. This needs a collective efforts to stop

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
Fake reviews are very common and I have seen such case in my home country too. The only way to deal with it is to sensitive the people on the innocence of the company or the product the fake reviews have affected. This could be done through a robust advertisements on the social media, print media, radio and television.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
That's totally a blackmail in business side. Since they rebelled the business which isn't what they're simply tagging it. Such kind of act is ridiculous one indeed, if they're caught in such act, it will be jail indeed, their is no doubt. The business owner with cut the loss, and decide to start again in another venture, but those who tarnished his business dream, will reap from such cruel behaviour.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
Yeah I think its difficult to track and know them before thinking of reporting them so you don't go and accuse the wrong section , the best thing you would do is to just register your business because when the users sees that a certain business is registered they would make findings before believing the review
Another best way to deal with fake reviews is to ask the reviews for proof that back up his or her claims. I have also noticed that many review websites are getting spammed by many irrelevant reviews. They outrighly claim that the website is a scam and they try to promote their own services instead of providing geniune reviews. We just cannot trust review sites these days!

Wisdom01

Valued Contributor
The best way to deal with fake reviews is to report them to the site where reviews are written. You have stated that many people write fake reviews and then blackmail the company. However, mostly many scam websites and companies pay people to write positive reviews and even create multiple account to write positive reviews. So, report them.
Yeah I think its difficult to track and know them before thinking of reporting them so you don't go and accuse the wrong section , the best thing you would do is to just register your business because when the users sees that a certain business is registered they would make findings before believing the review

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The best way to deal with fake reviews is to report them to the site where reviews are written. You have stated that many people write fake reviews and then blackmail the company. However, mostly many scam websites and companies pay people to write positive reviews and even create multiple account to write positive reviews. So, report them.