Investing In Coins Can Be A Good Investment!

A K Rao

7. Mewar Obverse.jpg I am a Numismatist. The numismatist is a person who collects coins. I am interested in collecting new and old coins. My area of interest is One rupee coins. I have got a record for having the maximum number of one-rupee coins of different year and the coins with mint errors. This is a National record and my name is in Limca Book of National Records.

As a numismatist I collect coins from various sources and I have purchased some good old coins from coin dealers too. Investment in the coins is very good as the cost of the coin keeps on increasing as it becomes old and the base metal like Silver is also getting inflated every day.

The coins which I purchased few decades back are now costing many times and I can get good benefits if I sell them today.

You can always try your hand on coin collection and make money once if you get the hang of this hobby.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Already that's what people are into online, trying to invest plenty now especially now things aren't going well in the market. If you invest now and wait for the bull market surely the reward will come by. Come investment acts like a hedge fund in the future, it brings passive income when you never expected it. That's why long time coin investment is more preferred by people.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
I started collecting coins when I was in grade school. Investment did not enter my mind because it is the satisfaction that I was after in my coins. As years went by I never failed to add some coins to my collection because I buy when there is an opportunity. But now that my collection is substantial in number then I can say that it is a good investment after all.

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
I was a fool for not doing so. I had lots of one paisa coin which was made of copper and in my kid days, I spend them here-where till the paisa was out; later when I become young, I understood that I spend copper money on value of one hundredth of a rupee.
Since then I got the idea of saving and now I even do not sell rare paper currency. (expect the 500 and 1k demonetized notes).​

A K Rao

Already that's what people are into online, trying to invest plenty now especially now things aren't going well in the market. If you invest now and wait for the bull market surely the reward will come by. Come investment acts like a hedge fund in the future, it brings passive income when you never expected it. That's why long time coin investment is more preferred by people.
With the time the coins in the circulation gets reduced and the mint stops the production after some time making their availability bit difficult. Over the period of time these coins become rare and they become precious, even the base metal is not an expensive one. Thus the coins always have antique value attached with them!

A K Rao

I started collecting coins when I was in grade school. Investment did not enter my mind because it is the satisfaction that I was after in my coins. As years went by I never failed to add some coins to my collection because I buy when there is an opportunity. But now that my collection is substantial in number then I can say that it is a good investment after all.
The coins are to be preserved in a special manner and according to the condition of the coins they are graded. Any coin in any condition may not fetch one good dividends. I keep my coins in the coin holders which are systematically stored in the coin holder albums. The coins fetch more money if the history about is available.

A K Rao

I was a fool for not doing so. I had lots of one paisa coin which was made of copper and in my kid days, I spend them here-where till the paisa was out; later when I become young, I understood that I spend copper money on value of one hundredth of a rupee.
Since then I got the idea of saving and now I even do not sell rare paper currency. (expect the 500 and 1k demonetized notes).​
I think that is the story with many of us. The one-rupee coins of the year 1939 were molten by the people at that time as they were the last batch of the coins with pure silver there after the rupee coin had 50% nickle. Because of this, the 1939 one-rupee coin is rare and it fetches thousands of rupees in the Collectors World.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
With the time the coins in the circulation gets reduced and the mint stops the production after some time making their availability bit difficult. Over the period of time these coins become rare and they become precious, even the base metal is not an expensive one. Thus the coins always have antique value attached with them!
Yes, that's what's happening now, the availability of those coins aren't like before. It is now relatively scarce just like the fist currency. The owners might decide to burn the coins, either reducing the quantity of the mined coins to increase the price value of the coin and make it relatively scarce. In turn the price will keep on moving high, those who bought earlier will be having precious time to making dividends.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I commented on some thread on this coin collection as well for people to explain how it works. It is either not that popular in my areas or I am missing out. The first time I saw thread on this coin collection, I thought it was all about crypto coins until I noticed it is about other coins. I wish someone put me through on this.

D

Deleted member 28127

This is a good hobby to collect old piece or coin collection because the future is based on the past. So we can even after 10 years or 20 years remember how where the coins before and nowadays transformation and amelioration of current coin that becomes old coin after same period of time. Many people are interested like me but some others doesn't took interest however it is a good habitude.

A K Rao

I commented on some thread on this coin collection as well for people to explain how it works. It is either not that popular in my areas or I am missing out. The first time I saw thread on this coin collection, I thought it was all about crypto coins until I noticed it is about other coins. I wish someone put me through on this.
The hobby of coin collection is a popular hobby and this is known as numismatics. The person who has this hobby is known as Numesmatist and he/she basically collect the physical coins, gather the information about them, categorize them, and preserve them carefully. If you want to have a detailed write up about this hobby there are many books available or you can get the required information on Wikipedia.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The hobby of coin collection is a popular hobby and this is known as numismatics. The person who has this hobby is known as Numesmatist and he/she basically collect the physical coins, gather the information about them, categorize them, and preserve them carefully. If you want to have a detailed write up about this hobby there are many books available or you can get the required information on Wikipedia.
I really your feedback. Though I will still check online to get some information on it, I only want to have some basic knowledge ahead of it so that when I am reading it online, it won't look so strange to me. Is the coins currency of countries. Because there countries that spend coins or where can the coins be gotten.

A K Rao

This is a good hobby to collect old piece or coin collection because the future is based on the past. So we can even after 10 years or 20 years remember how where the coins before and nowadays transformation and amelioration of current coin that becomes old coin after same period of time. Many people are interested like me but some others doesn't took interest however it is a good habitude.
There are many people who take an interest in this hobby. In fact there are many clubs or the groups who exclusively have people having this hobby as collection as their members. The coins tell the story of the past and the history. From the coins of the past one can tell how prospective the country was during the era when the coin was released depending upon the nature of the metal, the weight of the metal, and the print or strike of the coin.

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah a collector will always make money off his or her collection later in life. So I understand your stance here. I used to be a stamp collectors year back and used to make money selling them but I’m no longer doing this. This your post is a reminder to start some collections again