Forex Is Forex Trading Less Riskier As Compared To Cryptocurrency Trading?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I have been trading in the cryptocurrency market for a long time and I have suffered from huge losses. The big problem with cryptocurrency trading is that the market always falls down and collapses just like a house of card for some weird reasons. For example, the current conflict and problems between Russia and Ukraine have caused Bitcoin to collapse. I think this is because Russia is one of the biggest hubs of miners. I really do not understand what does it has to do with miners? Miners are not engaged in this conflict, right? So why did the market value of Bitcoin fluctuated so badly?

Apart from that, I feel like the cryptocurrency market is very sensitive. It crashes for really small reasons and takes whole one year to recover and even the recovery of the market is also dependent on many conditions. I feel like I must switch from cryptocurrency trading to forex trading, but I am not sure if I am being too emotional and making the wrong decision. I trade on a platform that allows me to buy fiat currencies apart from cryptocurrencies and I have noticed that forex market is still much more stable as compared to cryptocurrency market, but I could be wrong. Forex market existed way before cryptocurrency was even born. So, is forex really less risky as compared to cryptocurrency market?

btaliat

VIP Contributor
I won't even be quick to say which one is less riskier than the other as both possess the same risk. The things that an investor to be wary of is how to reduce the risk and not how to run away from the risk because the risk in the two is inevitable.

The first thing to do is to know the principles that guide the two schemes. We need to have the full knowledge of how the two work before we venture into either of them. When we have the knowledge, we will know how to trade in a more safe way.

Another thing is to trade with what we can afford to lose. Just like I said earlier. It is just like a business where you can not run away from loses no matter how smart you are, you can only mitigate against the loss to reduce it. So to mitigate the loss in both forex and crypt, we need to trade with money that we can afford to lose.

Then we should make sure we use all the tools put in osxe to prevent loss. There is stop loss feature in both schemes, when the market is not going in our direction, we can prevent further loss by utilizing the feature.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Switching from crypto trading and embarking on a new adventure to trade forex isn't the best choice to make without seeking experience first with forex before swapping crypto for it. Forex is still a volatile market, you wouldn't find it easier. Any one who isn't careful enough, also experience huge losses trading forex as an inexperienced trader. In the beginning of my online breakthrough to earn some little money and sustain myself as covid 19 wave blew up everything for me, I expressed interest in forex. I even started learning it and practicing on demo account on my own using promo.stormgsin broker. I lost interest when stormgain banned me inexplicably for using their platform to trade virtual currencies. Had it been i got money back then, I wouldn't have slowed down my learning to succeed as a forex trader because I could've gone for professional forex training from an expert to equip myself in order. Forex is more technical than crypto, to analyse forex market, you just need technical know-how, to analyse critical to actualize the movement of the market within a given time scale. If you fail to get it within such period when you're trading short term' it will become loss. Continuously trading at loss will easily liquidate one out of the market.

sincerem

VIP Contributor
Forex trading to me is the most difficult trading I indulge in during the past years because it's all about the speculation of the value of assets but with cryptocurrency, i am able to make gains because of the existence of auto-investment and so on
Crypto has so many means to earn from, you can't get it from forex trading buddy. But both are right in their respective ways, those who are experienced forex traders are making huge fortunes out of forex. Any one that is more favourable to you is the one you should focus your mind on. I learned that crypto is more favourable to me than forex trading, that's why I am sticking more to trading crypto than forex, I don't know much about forex, and I wouldn't force myself going into it and trading it. Unless I learn what matters most around forex to maximize profit which is better off than making losses. Both are volatile, but Crypto is more volatile than forex, that's why you earn even leaving your crypto coin idle in an exchange or wallet platform. You wouldn't earn that much if you don't trade your forex like the way Futures contract or Spot trading works when it comes to trading more advanced trading in cryptocurrency. At this time I am focusing more on learning than trading, I want to climb the ladder and become an expert crypto trader in the future to join the elite, that's my big dream as a crypto enthusiast.

LaneBall

Indeed it is, the crypto market is more volatile than the forex market, thus putting traders’ money at huge risk. Forex is an established market, while crypto trading is still unknown in many parts of the world.

Dora Wi

In general, the crypto market inddeed tends to be more risky than forex. Of course, it also depends on which exact cryptos and forex pairs we're looking at. Major pairs in forex tend to be less volatile, and it is easier to spot the fundamental factors that are affecting / will affect price movements. Venturing towards minors and exotic pairs though, the volatility increases and liquidity decreases. The crypto market is volatile in general and since it is such a young market and is constantly evolving, it is a lot harder to determine what events will affect prices and how.

pawelkolasa

Cryptocurrency is inherently riskier than forex. This is because of the higher volatility of the cryptocurrency.
Both cryptocurrency trading and forex trading have their own pros and cons. The traders who understand whatever market can make a profitable amount from that.

destinyrim

The Crypto market is relatively new compared to other markets including forex. Moreover, cryptocurrencies haven’t been fully understood and accepted by all countries, which causes a sense of uncertainty among those who seem interested in them. On the other hand, the forex market is a well-established market that has close to $7 trillion traded volume. Moreover, the change in the prices of currency pairs depends upon the social, political, and economical aspects of the countries those currencies belong to, whereas it is still unknown as to how and why the variation in the price of cryptocurrencies takes place. Crypto market is more volatile compared to the forex market, which directly results in higher risks for the traders.