Is private school better than public school?

eojo2401

Private school is generally better here although there are state universities that are also good with their education system. However, most of the private schools that are in the top 10 best for education are the expensive schools here. Even then I still prefer the private school for the quality of education that can be a good investment for getting a good job.
That's it, private schools provides jobs opportunities for unemployed graduates. Honestly the largest employer of labour in Nigeria is private schools. Although they pay small amount of money as salaries but it is better than staying at home doing nothing. Besides, half of bread is better than nothing.

eojo2401

Public schools of years ago used to be better than private school, public education in the late 90s and early 20s used to be very ok, as a student if you haven't been to public school then you are missing a lot but same cannot be said of now, most. Parents see public schools as a waste of time. They enroll there wards in a very expensive private school than even think of public schools.
Yes parents now prefer sending there wards to private school even the public school teachers can't put there children in public school, they know that what they are teaching the students in public school is nothing but junks. My question now is that, are we going to continue like this. Anyway, it is well.

Ozigba Richard Lamai

is this this private school is better than public school because in public school they have large numbers of people and sometimes the teachers don't take them serious however they have low qualities of teachers in public schools there is distrub the child ability to assimilate well and also because of the overcrowding of classes is also disturb them games of learning facts but in private schools they have quality teachers and the teachers try and make sure that the student understands and gets what they have been taught.

Samuel72

Verified member
According to my own point of view I believe school to be standard, every school is better but it all depends on the standard of the school some public School are far better than private and some private school are better than public it also depends on the location of the school. schools in the urban area are far better than schools in the rural area this is because the schools in the urban area has good teachers and well standard

Veetos12

Education is the great thing the parents can give their children. Majority of our leaders in my country enjoyed free, sound and quantity education from government owned schools which is known as public school. No private schools when those that are ruling us now have their education, it is either you go to missionary schools or public schools. During that period (1950-1980) you can get quality education in public school, life in public school was so sweet then with a lot of memorable experience but now government / public school is nothing to write home about, it is list a gun without a bullet. Those that are quick thinkers saw this challenges in education sector and make used of this opportunity to establish private schools which now stands better than public schools. Above all, establishing a private school is now a good business idea is you know and have what it takes to run it.
Education is the great thing the parents can give their children. Majority of our leaders in my country enjoyed free, sound and quantity education from government owned schools which is known as public school. No private schools when those that are ruling us now have their education, it is either you go to missionary schools or public schools. During that period (1950-1980) you can get quality education in public school, life in public school was so sweet then with a lot of memorable experience but now government / public school is nothing to write home about, it is list a gun without a bullet. Those that are quick thinkers saw this challenges in education sector and make used of this opportunity to establish private schools which now stands better than public schools. Above all, establishing a private school is now a good business idea is you know and have what it takes to run it.
Well, i can't say a private is better than a public school if I considered the situation of things in my country. Of course I agree with you that private schools are well equipped with the best learning facilities but talking about where the performance of a student can be well exposed, you talk a public school. Students performance is not shown to their parents if it is bad because they will want to protect their business.

Victor001

It's relatively dependent on the angle you are coming from,in terms of practical, educational materials and exposure,most public schools are at the top. How do you measure comparison amongst private and public schools it's by result and research,they are different sectors which the public school stand out,you can see it in mostly world wide competitions. I will say private school is top when grooming individual student.

Makah

In my own limited knowledge Public school doesn't stand any chance near private school because the way private school run their organization is excellent but public principals just run the school any how not caring if the student learn or they don't learn anything
I stay near a Public school and I must say the way the run the school is too bad and due to that lots of students doesn't even stay in class
Last two days they fought and the school is till close till now
So I will advise every sane person not to enrol thier kids in Public schools

Veetos12

It's relatively dependent on the angle you are coming from,in terms of practical, educational materials and exposure,most public schools are at the top. How do you measure comparison amongst private and public schools it's by result and research,they are different sectors which the public school stand out,you can see it in mostly world wide competitions. I will say private school is top when grooming individual student.
I appreciate your view on this and I must say that you are right with your comment. However, the level of Nigerian economy has made capitalism the best form of economy. In the sense that you pay for what you need and not wait for the government because government is not ready to invest in education again.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
Private school is generally better here although there are state universities that are also good with their education system. However, most of the private schools that are in the top 10 best for education are the expensive schools here. Even then I still prefer the private school for the quality of education that can be a good investment for getting a good job.

eojo2401

Wo
In terms of the curriculum it is no longer like before, curriculum is the same. It only differs on the number of students in classes. In public school students are congested because it's cheaper and kids are not attended individually. In private schools they have much time to attend them because they are few hence you find the pass rate is always higher than the public schools.
Wow, I have gotten a good point here and this has given me a new insight to the causes of poor performances from public school students. I never thought along that direction until I read your comment. If I have opportunity to make a recommendation to the appropriate authorities, I must include this your submission. Decongestion of students in class room is part of the solution. Thanks for this wonderful comment.

Dorcey

I would prefer enrolling a child in a private school than enrolling in a public school. Cause here in Nigeria most public school the students in there are not well mannered or trained at all and teachers teaching them are also careless about the children's well-being or character, and most public schools are not well organized.

Chommyluv

Private and public schools are unique in their own ways; In private schools discipline is their watchdog the students there are respectful and their curriculum covers all the three domains of teaching and the teachers there are efficient, effective and diligent to their work because the school authorities are watching them but in public schools no one is there to watch how the school is running, the teacher though qualified care less of what its happening to the students, though earn more salary than private teacher but they are lazy towards work.

marcusfe

There shouldn't be any difference between the private schools and the public schools but most of our government have destroyed the academic heritage of the public schools. There shouldn't be a room for private schools originally if the public schools were to okay. The gap between the public and private schools these is too wide that one may suggest that the public schools be scrapped.

Noor Fatima

As the concern of my country because I don't know about the education system of your country So in my country private schools are better than public schools because in case of private school it's true the fee is a bit high but their teachers are good and responsible because they have to answer principal or risk of cut their sallery if they don't pay attention but in case of public sectors here teachers don't pay attention or their is no attention on cleaning rooms or ground etc

Abee111

Well, Private school is more better than public school. In fact some public school dont have any chance to compete with privet school in any way. There some qualities that private school have which government school don't have.qualities like,
Good education bar ground, learning environment, teaching material, library or well equipment laboratory, standard teachers, even discipline too.
All those things listed, not all government school that you will find them with those qualities.

IamDozzy

It depends on the country in which the the comparism is being made. If it's being made in developed countries then public schools edges it a little bit due to the reputation built over the years. Then if this comparism is being made in third world countries then private schools edges this by far due to lack of the necessary learning facilities in these public schools.

For me I will say private school is better than public school because at private school the kids receive more attention from teachers any time they want. Again there are crowds in public school meaning the children are much and therefore will lack concentration while in private school they are very few.

eojo2401

eojo2401

Private school a better than public school in some aspects. In terms of academic performance, discipline and even dressing, private school is better. But in terms of equipment and facilities. I don't think private school is better. Government school always equips with the necessary apparatus. And also, government school pays her workers well than the private school.
Ma, you highlighted in your submission that public schools are well equipped and the teacher there are well paid. With this favourable working conditions for the teacher, it still a sad thing that students in public schools are not better than there counterpart in private school. Is their any suggestions that will make things work better in public school?

Chibson

VIP Contributor
Private schools are definitely better than government Schools. Private school is better managed and of course, the management of the school I must see the house and committed. In private schools there is nothing like being on strike, private schools have better equipment and more conducive environment for learning and teaching.
Maybe this may be dependent on some countries.