Business Ideas One Important Thing To Know Before starting a business

D

Deleted member 13140

Okay so we have heard a lot of people say i prefer working for myself and all that thing, the truth being even when you have a business you actually work for them not the other way around.
so let me address something for important...

Before you start a business, or before you even start to think about it:
Don't Quit Your Day Job

Consider starting your business part-time, especially if it's online, yeap, an online business no matter how profitable it is, or you think your idea is so great that once you tell people about it they will start throwing money at you, believe me no one cares about your idea or the product you will create, while you're still employed and earning a steady income you should save the money It normally takes six months to a year to get a business off the ground, and you don't want your ability to make your mortgage payment to be contingent on your company's success. Begin with what you can manage financially and in terms of time, and then scale up as your business grows.

Don't forget that, a business isn't a joking matter, if you fail you have failed, though you can get back up but without any money you can't i guess

Last edited by a moderator:

Elimo1987

Starting a business, you have to check your capital for your business and the location for the business and check if the business will run well.

moonchild

VIP Contributor
This is insightful, a lot of people get lost in the business high, they think their idea is the real deal or it would make them a millionaire so they risk everything and end up regretting.

In Nigeria, for example there are a lot of people that are well funded I mean tech start ups but they find it very hard to be successful, they don't do market research, no lean methodology at all, the only thing they bank on is their own conviction.

To start a business you need to approach it as a side hustle too then you scale it up with time while keeping your active income.

Mika

VIP Contributor
To tell you the truth, you cannot row a boat and reach the shores with your legs in two different boats. What I mean is you cannot do your business and day job at the same time. Let say you have to work 8 hours a day for your day job and you spend 1 hour going to your job and coming back to your home. You also need time for daily chores and have to sleep 8 hours. If you are already spending 9 hours a day, do you think you can still work additional hours for your business?

Jasmine

VIP Contributor
I built my freelance career and my business when I still had a job. I did make money from my job ad well as business at the same time, but I was working 12-13 hours in a day and 7 days a week. I was working even during the holidays. However, I could not continue this for a long time as it was very tiring and my health was getting poorer.

AaqilFaraj

Starting a business in Dubai is a great choice. Dubai Business Setup helps in making your dream come true. Their consultants have do many years of experienced who help in setting up your company in UAE.

D

Deleted member 13140

This is insightful, a lot of people get lost in the business high, they think their idea is the real deal or it would make them a millionaire so they risk everything and end up regretting.

In Nigeria, for example there are a lot of people that are well funded I mean tech start ups but they find it very hard to be successful, they don't do market research, no lean methodology at all, the only thing they bank on is their own conviction.

To start a business you need to approach it as a side hustle too then you scale it up with time while keeping your active income.
Exactly, most people think it's just about having the idea and then going to get a loam and start the business and then in months time the money will start flowing in, I know of people that went on debts just because they wanted to start a business and we'll it worked out for a few of them but majority I've read of, actually failed and owes the back of who ever gave them the capital alot of money and that is something i would never do, why can't people do research before starting a business, why is it so hard to seat and for highest 2 let's and consider options

D

Deleted member 13140

To tell you the truth, you cannot row a boat and reach the shores with your legs in two different boats. What I mean is you cannot do your business and day job at the same time. Let say you have to work 8 hours a day for your day job and you spend 1 hour going to your job and coming back to your home. You also need time for daily chores and have to sleep 8 hours. If you are already spending 9 hours a day, do you think you can still work additional hours for your business?
Haha, yes you're right, unfortunately...
But well I think its possible because this isn't a boat,
You have weekends, you have holidays and some day jobs don't really carry on till weekends and holidays so then you can start your side hustle, and remember it's a side hustle, for now, so it doesn't have to take all your time. It just has to take a few hours from your sleeping time or from the time you use In watching movies

D

Deleted member 13140

I built my freelance career and my business when I still had a job. I did make money from my job ad well as business at the same time, but I was working 12-13 hours in a day and 7 days a week. I was working even during the holidays. However, I could not continue this for a long time as it was very tiring and my health was getting poorer.
Wow okay, that's very good insight, you mean you couldn't be a freelancer and also have a job at the same time to so you quite freelancing, well for me I don't think inwould quite freelancing, I will just quite my day job and find a job i will do for a few hours and earn some income.. most likely I would go back to living with my parents if they're still alive. And then have enough time to develop my skills

T

temidayo2313

Develop a powerful message,focus on the customer and fully understand the kind of business you are doing, start small and grow,understand your strength,skills and time available and also surround yourself with advisor and mentor.

Mandy96

Valued Contributor
No offense but if you ask me, I think that there many things to know before venturing into business maybe this you talked about in your post is just one of them but I am just trying to make it clear that it is more than one which should be talked about because there are some things that is really needed to be known before getting started and if one do not go through them. Although I really learned from what the poster talked about in the thread, it is just that it is quite more than what it is up there

Okay so we have heard a lot of people say i prefer working for myself and all that thing, the truth being even when you have a business you actually work for them not the other way around.
so let me address something for important...

Before you start a business, or before you even start to think about it:
Don't Quit Your Day Job

Consider starting your business part-time, especially if it's online, yeap, an online business no matter how profitable it is, or you think your idea is so great that once you tell people about it they will start throwing money at you, believe me no one cares about your idea or the product you will create, while you're still employed and earning a steady income you should save the money It normally takes six months to a year to get a business off the ground, and you don't want your ability to make your mortgage payment to be contingent on your company's success. Begin with what you can manage financially and in terms of time, and then scale up as your business grows.

Don't forget that, a business isn't a joking matter, if you fail you have failed, though you can get back up but without any money you can't i guess
Amazing ideas are discussed here. But before starting Business you always have to be prepare for any kind of situation. No matter how it would be tiny or big. To Survive you must overcome the critical situation.