Politics in marketing any business

Yugocean

Valued Contributor
Politics and its influence in a business is not a new thing, whenever there is politics involved, it influences the business. I am not stating about politicians' effect on business, there my point is the effect on market. We know the market goes up and down whenever politics of a nation or a global power changes or make a decision on somebody connected to the market.

For example US President Joe Biden is working on clean energy and climate change, this has made such products like electric vehicles, solar & wind energy market to gain automatically. Same thing happened in crypto market, when XRP started gaining while its former member is supposed to held important portfolio under Biden government.

This is a simple fact that marketing a business needs political backup, and it will gain in market without pressure.

Setho

VIP Contributor
I remembered when our election results were being announced and then the stocks of a majority of private technological companies were dropping because the soon-to-be-announced winner was somebody who was so much keen about government spending and was not a fan of the private sector. This is one of the problems that you can always face as an intrapreneur because there will always be inconsistent government policies.

Mika

VIP Contributor
Politics affect the policies and the policies make or break the business. In my home country, the previous government opened up mining and a lot of companies were established for that purpose. But the new government termed mining illegal, and the companies who invested in mining operations lost their businesses.

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
In every election it is a common knowledge that big business owners are donating to the campaign funds of their chosen candidate (for president or governor or mayor). But most of those tycoons would donate to at least 2 candidates. That would assure them of the favor from the winning candidate after the elections.