Should parents save money for their children future?

Heartstrings

Parents should be able to save up for their childrens future,as a parent your children future should be one of your priorities.. That's why it's good to have multiple source of income, save up for the future. It's also good to train your children to be independent,let them have something doing or make them acquire a skill because it will definitely help them in present and in future.
In as much as it's good to save up for the children future,don't let them depend on it,let them fix their hands on something meaningful and legit.

Because some children will become lazy knowing their parents are fixing up something for them. It is advisable to save up for your childrens future,like setting up a family business and the likes but don't let your children depend on it by lazing around.

Axis

Banned
It is very very important for parents to save money for their children's future. Although many parents required children to make money by yourself for the future. But it is also important for them to do their job that is saving money for their children's future. Because this will serve a greater purpose because it will be easier for them to invest on their children's future and it is right time for them to start saving money at a early. So that they can be able to cover up the expenses that the chance future might require. Parents can save money for the educational status of the children. Both in terms of school fees the money needed in buying the textbooks and other equipment is used in school. This is one way in which parents can save on the child's future. No so parents can save any chance you chill in the aspect of the type of skill you acquire. Because acquiring a skill is very important as this will also contribute to the effectiveness in the child's future

Augusta

VIP Contributor
Yeah it is a good thing for parents to always save money for their children because the children needs increases as the years go by. When the children are ready for school especially college it is expedients to have money handy to be able to pick the bills for their education.

it might not be easy at the time the children want to begin higher education to gather money to send them off properly but if there was finds set aside this will be easy. Paying for tuition and other needs of education will be less cumbersome when there was a financial planning before now

Again, saving money for children can help one to use the money to invest for the child when the time is right. With good enough money the kept funds can buy the child a home when the child has come of age. so parents should know this and start early to keep money aside for the the children's future it will help them financially in future.

anil02

Verified member
It is duty of parent to upbringing their children so they can earn for to survive. It is not easy. in these education is much expensive. When children are kids one can save money for their higher education. It is saying that a woman is behind to success of a man but it is half truth an old age parents are also behind the success of a man.

saoussen5765

Valued Contributor
This remains impossible sometimes especially if parents monthly revenue is weak and cannot cover even daily expenses of food and rental of house and clothes.

Shaf

Verified member
It is really important that children have some types of funds saved by their parents for future use. Emergencies can happen anytime, and also there are things like college education that need a lot of funds.

Some parents start saving as soon as their children are born, some do it later in life. Banks even encourage parents to create special savings accounts for their children, where the money can't be accessed until the child reaches a certain age. This really helps in funding their education and travels during vacations.

While it's important that parents save money for their children, children should also be taught the value of money and why they should save. Being taught from an early age how to save helps children to avoid impulsive buying later in life. If they have piggy banks to save money they earn or receive from people, they get excited when they get to use that money to purchase toys they want.

anil02

Verified member
This remains impossible sometimes especially if parents monthly revenue is weak and cannot cover even daily expenses of food and rental of house and clothes.
It is right to save we must have enough earning so we can save some after meeting basic needs of life we can save. If some one have not enough earning it is not possible to save for future. In this situation parents must be do some to make able to their children to earn their livlihood.

E

eldavis

When we talk about saving money for our children's future, we tend to limit it to saving for when they are all grown up. Saving for their future could also be saving for their education or one thing or the other. If a parent decides to save fir a child's future, I don't think there is any need for the child even know. I have seen cases where the parents surprises the children with savings on their wedding day or after they have given birth. While saving for your kid's future also teach the child the importance of saving and management.

Carpon

Valued Contributor
Yeah it is true that parents should save money for their children and at the same time teach them ways to make money.

And I think to avoid a condition whereby your children will become undisciplined and lag towards making money, they shouldn't know about such ( your saving for them) from a young age.

Saving for your children is very good and I think that is a good thing to have in mind to help you save better. Usually we save for the future and one of the things that the future will have accompanying it is family and children and therefore, it is good to save for your children.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It depends on the parents arrangement , plans and preparation . They may not really needs to save because it is not really easy to save money most especially when a parent have a lot of things to do like building of houses and doing of other manly duties and responsibility . .

The most important thing I will do is that i won't really needs to save but just to try as much as possible to make provisions that everything my children need will be provided to them then I can start planning toward that while I concentrate in building or engaging in profitable business...

I don't see anything wrong with that if parents have the money to saved for this purpose but a situation in which the parents may just not have enough then they have to make arrangements. They should also know their responsibility as the parents and try to provide them.

Rubz

It is very neccessary to save for your children future as a parent. As a parent, you should save for things like their feeding, clothing, school expenses and others, this will help you to provide better for them even when things becomes less rosy. As a parent, you should also teach your children to save and avoid reckless spending. You can do that by getting them a piggy box or any form of saving box so they can learn to save even from a very gender age. Your kids should also learn to be independent of you and try to provide for some of their little needs by themselveso. It also encourages saving.

Ithedicious

Valued Contributor
You have presented a very nice point up there, well in as much as this is something that should be encouraged but we have to also understand that some people who have the financial ability can be able to do this perfectly without any problem , but at the same time there are some people who are struggling to survive , they may not have enough money to save for the children's future In this situation.

I Understand why you said we shouldn't allow our children to depend on it because in most cases when children understand that their future has been settled by their parents they may tend to be lazy and care less about things that matter to a points that some of them may not even be interested to work.

This should be encourage and only when the parents will be able to control it to the point that the children are not depending on it .

Activator230822

Verified member
According to me I agree with you that parents must save money for their children's future. This is because most people are very energetic when working. By this time their children are still too young to go to school.
So it's very important when parents can start saving for their children at tender age. During the time when the parents retire this is the time whereby more much money is required by the children at the universities and colleges.
Now this is the time when the parents can make use of the saved money to pay school fees for the children. So savings remains the only source of money for the retired parents who of course could no longer go to work because of their old age and the body and health systems can't withstand hard work any longer.

anil02

Verified member
In these days higher education is too much expensive. Banks and financial instituation have plans for saving to meet expenses of children education. It is not easy to save for any purpose when children grow up or they are teenager. So it is better to plan for saving for children at the time when they are kids

Mataracy

VIP Contributor
Yes; it is very good to save money for ones children for the future purposes.
Serving money for children I believe will help such a parent in the future if well monitor and manage by such children in the future. Though there are some children who are not well trained and if such a children grow to know that his or her parents has saved for them they may not be serious to work or be hardworking.
If it's children that are well trained and they latter get such money in the future it's very possible that they may even invest it and make it big in the future.