Skill Vs Education: Which One Do You Think Is More Important?

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
The topic of "Skill vs education" has been debated for a very long time. People often believe that you need one of those things to live a better life and earn money if you are not educated or skillful, then you will always struggle to earn money and this is true to some extent. But what if we compare education vs skill? What do you think is more important? Do you really think that skill is more important than education? Personally, I think that education is more important because in my country, educated people are more successful. However, I am not sure if I am right because even many skillful people are earning more money than educated people who struggle to get a job in my country. So what is your personal opinion? What would you choose? Skill or education?

Overcomer

Banned
This is one thing that's confusing a lot of people, some say skill is better than while others say Education is better but to me, I think the two are more important. Reason is there are some organizations that SKILLS without EDUCATION can't be permitted to work.

There are also some ORGANIZATIONS THAT Even with your certificates, if you don't know the practical aspect, it doesn't work.

Sotherefore

VIP Contributor
It depends on the location you are talking about and also the continent, if you are in the Western in the western country I think education is one of the most important thing , also if you're in Africa where there is little employment opportunity it is better for you to get a skill first before you think of going back to the tertiary institution .

Mika

VIP Contributor
You need both, and I am saying this from my personal experience. I learned the skills related to software development but I also went for MBA. Skills and education both are helping make to earn living. You cannot leave one for the other. You need both. Just because you have a degree does not mean you will start learning a lot of money, and you may not earn well if you do not have education.

luckypig

The topic of "Skill vs education" has been debated for a very long time. People often believe that you need one of those things to live a better life and earn money if you are not educated or skillful, then you will always struggle to earn money and this is true to some extent. But what if we compare education vs skill? What do you think is more important? Do you really think that skill is more important than education? Personally, I think that education is more important because in my country, educated people are more successful. However, I am not sure if I am right because even many skillful people are earning more money than educated people who struggle to get a job in my country. So what is your personal opinion? What would you choose? Skill or education?
I think you should find your skills, and then see what kind of business are good to be used and then to get educated.

btaliat

VIP Contributor
The two should be compared because they may aim at the same thing which is giving us money, but they are not similar in any sense. You learn skill primarily to fetch you money. You go to school because you want to be enlightened. Education is a skill on its own that also requires someone to teach you. So the two should not be juxtaposed.

Lens1000

VIP Contributor
The two complement each other. Skill is important likewise education too. But it all depends on the definition attached to education. The kind of education we practice in our various schools now is not worth it and It's archaic . They keep telling us the same thing for decades and failed to evolve

Alexandoy

VIP Contributor
It is sad that in our country it is the education that matters most. Even if you have excellent skills for the job then you may not be hired if there are applicants with a college diploma much more a master's degree. I know of several lawyers who have passed the government licensing exam but has no skills. They are poor when it comes to court trials.

luckypig

It is sad that in our country it is the education that matters most. Even if you have excellent skills for the job then you may not be hired if there are applicants with a college diploma much more a master's degree. I know of several lawyers who have passed the government licensing exam but has no skills. They are poor when it comes to court trials.
lol, in Cyprus, its even worst, because many applicants get their jobs due to conntections.

Sherman198

VIP Contributor
To have skills is the best but the world we live in now don't see people with skills as important, they prefer people with education and certificates. Some people don't know anything and yet you will see them in top positions just because they have a certificate. Some certificates are even bought not earned but yet, here we are!

Augusta

VIP Contributor
This is one thing that's confusing a lot of people, some say skill is better than while others say Education is better but to me, I think the two are more important. Reason is there are some organizations that SKILLS without EDUCATION can't be permitted to work.

There are also some ORGANIZATIONS THAT Even with your certificates, if you don't know the practical aspect, it doesn't work.
I think skill is more needed now than education since a lot of work places even online sites emphasis on skill now that on certification. I even like it this way though so that only qualified people can have the opportunity to have the job which they are qualify for.