Some beggars could be richer than you think.

Bookwormlux

Valued Contributor
When you find yourself in a poor country and developing country, there is usually a tendency for you to meet a lot of people who have made up their mind that they would continue to beg and sustain themselves instead of using their brains to come up with a bright idea that would enable them to make money in a more better way, and maintain their sense of dignity rather than considering begging, which goes a long way in lowering their sense of dignity and the kind of respect they earn from people in the society.

From my own point of view, most of these burgers are even having much more money than you think and could even be richer than you putting his helping out when they themselves are already having so much money saved somewhere.

This is a very critical issue and one thing you have to consider is that most of such burgers are not paying a lot of bills and so they have an opportunity to save as much money as possible.

Especially if you consider the fact that they do not pay taxes to the government or pay other bills like electricity house rent , and water bills like you are doing.

Good-Guy

VIP Contributor
I live in a developing country and I have noticed that the amount of people begging in here has increased a lot. There are many people who are making begging as a professional and they are far much richer than many people who have white collar jobs! I have even heard of many stories of many beggars earning up to $1,000 per month. However, I do realize that each day many beggars earn up to $150 to $300 per month. They are all professionals and majority of them are NOT poor as they seem or appear like. There was a time when I used to give them a lots of money because I never realized that they have adopted begging as a full-time profession in my country.

You can find these beggars roaming around the streets and even standing outside the mosques after the Friday prayers. Many beggars always stand in front of mosques all the time at the time of five daily prayers and always ask for money from the worshipers who come out of the mosques. They also stand in front of shrines and even in the markets all the time. I think the government should do something to stop these individuals.

kayode10

VIP Contributor
It is actually true that roadside burgers are usually making more money than most people that are working on full-time jobs. Most people don't usually notice about it but it is true.

Few weeks ago a news report stated that anti-graft agency arrested a burger in the capital city of my country. The burgers was found with a lot of money and foreign currency. The money on the burger is usually more than what most people can save in 5 years with their salaries.

A person told me that he knows a particular beggar who has various investment. He has investment in transportation as well as food industry. All this was set up with the money gotten from begging job.

I have one of my relative who told me that some of the beggers at the roadside usually engage in daily contribution. They even contribute highest denomination of currency in my country and they are very consistent about it.

I know one particularly who usually beg for smallest denomination of currency in My City. This is a good strategy because you will never think of it whenever you want to hand over this denomination to the begger.

Someone who knows the alms begger revealed to us that he has built a good house for himself from that smallest denomination.

SANIA

I agree with you. The concept of begging has become so wide spread. You can see 20 times more beggars now adays. The concept of free money is installed in their mind and they donot mind begging to earn money.
Sometimes they get free food, drinks, clothes, utensils, etc too.
Charity is a good thing but charity should be given to people who really deserve that.
Sometimes these beggars are more rich than an average student living in a middle class family who has to pay his university fees, the transport fees, the electricity bills to complete assignments on laptop, the uniform expenses, the cost of books, prints, exams, etc.
We cannot say who is rich or poor just by appearances.
Now adays it is common practice to deceive people.
The concept of begging sometimes also runs from generation to generation. People prefer the begging field as they watch their ancestors to be in that OR sometimes their ancestors also force their kids to beg so they can earn something.
All of this is really wrong. The government should take action against that.
The economy of the counry can also gets improved if the government should focus on the people of their country and motivate them to do actual work to earn money in a respectful manner.

E

eldavis

LoL this is actually funny but true. I once came across a begger whose hair was well cut and permed. This is something I have never done before. It kept me wondering how a begger would have the time to treat his hair and look good.